Corporate Development, Applied Research and International (CDARI) is SAIT’s face to industry. Our instructors and staff are passionate about student and instructor success, in an environment that values applied academic excellence, teamwork, collaboration and driving innovation. Our non-credit courses are aligned to industry and designed to meet the needs of employers today and in the future.
The division centralizes and supports industry clients to develop customized non-credit corporate training for their employees and take their innovative product and process ideas to market locally, nationally and internationally. Within CDARI sits a number of support functions including Business Operations, Continuing Education, International, Corporate Training, Applied Research, and Business Intelligence.
Reporting to the Manager, Project Operations, the Project Manager position manages and provides leadership related to the delivery of all Corporate Training (International & Domestic) project activities. It is the accountability of the Project Manager to manage co-operative and motivated relationships within the department and across diverse teams and coordinate resources needed to deliver Corporate Training projects within time and budget constraints.
In addition, the Project Manager collaborates on departmental and institutional strategic goals and initiatives, including customer service excellence, leaner experience, and stakeholder/ market community connection. The role primarily includes oversight of the coordination with internal and external stakeholders required for the successful execution of Corporate Training projects.
The individual in this position must be capable of working independently and be a self-starter while also excelling in cross-departmental initiatives. The individual in this position must also be able to make sound judgement calls, respond to client needs, participate in divisional projects and solutions, and participate in strategic decision-making. They must be able to prioritize and adjust work plans as demands change and develop proactive strategies.
- Overall coordination and management of international and domestic corporate development projects
- Support the development of client proposals as required
- Coordination of training solutions in partnership with the corporate training domestic and international sales teams. Supports and influences the development of the desired solution, the scope, required resources, budget and timelines associated with projects.
- Oversees and is responsible for project delivery which includes managing all aspects of the solution from, stakeholder engagement, talent acquisition and management, delivery execution, and academic and financial project reporting.
- Responsible for project closure which includes closing out all deliverables, financials, and completing 360 feedback with relevant stakeholders.
- Respond to client needs
- Promote client retention and success
- Assess client problems and determine actions for solutions
- Ensure the project management system is utilized effectively
- Oversee course and program set up process in relevant systems
- Respond to internal and external requests
- Develop and communicate project timelines
- Manage client portals within systems
- Represent the department and division on divisional or institutional projects and initiatives as required
- Provides influence and judgement on project operational plans
Project Management and Customer Service
Manage Administrative Systems and Processes
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in a Business/ Management or International field
- 3 years of experience overseeing complex projects
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Business/Management, Higher education, or International field
- 5 plus years of experience overseeing complex projects in a higher education setting
- Experience working internationally and in cross cultural teams/ environments
- Project Management Professional or Equivalent training and/ or designation
- Growth mindset
- Strong emotional intelligence and social awareness
- Innovative and creative with a keen desire to learn
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong experience and expertise in Project Management
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
- Strong ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Strong ability to practice critical thinking
- Ability to manage diverse teams (formally or informally)
- Ability to quickly learn new technology systems and tools
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Demonstrated cross cultural communication skills and experience
Education & Experience
Qualifications, Certifications or Designations
Job Classification: Manager
# of positions: 1
Salary Range: $88,111 -$100k
Hours per week: 37.5hr
Posting End Date: Nov 29, 2022
SAIT is a global leader in applied education. Named one of Alberta’s Top Employers, we offer the chance to work with a purpose — preparing the next generation of industry leaders, entrepreneurs, advocates and explorers.
Building on our 100+ year history, we’re looking for innovative, bold and collaborative employees who embrace change and deliver world-class customer experiences. Your future starts now at SAIT.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is essential to achieving SAIT’s vision to be a global leader in applied education. We encourage applications from women, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Learn more about EDI at SAIT.
At SAIT, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding diverse perspectives to SAIT – so if your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
SAIT is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with applicants to provide accommodations upon request to the Talent Advisor.
BEWARE FALSE POSTINGS AND RECRUITING OFFERS
SAIT has been made aware of individuals or organizations posing as SAIT using false postings to attract job seekers and collect personal information. Please be aware that SAIT will never request sensitive personal information beyond what is required for an application.
Career opportunities at SAIT will always be posted on the SAIT career site and we encourage applicants to only apply directly through there. When your application is completed you will receive an email confirmation, if you did not receive one please check your junk mail or try applying through the SAIT career page again.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.