University of Toronto
Date Posted: 11/20/2023
Req ID: 34977
College/Division: VP & Provost
Division: Accessibility Companies
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Place Quantity: 00055566
Scholar Life connects life to studying. We imagine each scholar ought to have the chance to take part in college life actively and discover connection and group whereas discovering new methods of pondering and being on the planet. We offer assets, help and engagement alternatives which are inclusive and accessible, guaranteeing each scholar can construct experiences that set them up for a lifetime of success.
Inside the Division of Scholar Life, the cluster of Scholar Life Applications and Companies, helps college students as they obtain private, educational, profession and civic targets. We have interaction college students all through their studying and improvement with the next models: Tutorial Success, Accessibility Companies, Profession Exploration & Training, Centre for Neighborhood Partnerships, Golf equipment & Management Growth, Housing, Indigenous Scholar Companies, Mentorship & Peer Applications, Multi-faith Centre, Orientation, Scholar Success, Transition & Engagement and TCard Companies. Along with workers, school, college students, alumni, employers and group companions, we offer an built-in and coherent path to success that displays our college students’ variety.
In help of U of T’s imaginative and prescient, Scholar Life Applications and Companies is dedicated to creating numerous, accessible, inclusive and welcoming areas of alternative that foster deepened engagement, studying, private progress, and id improvement for all college students. We’re dedicated to embedding these ideas into all of the work we do, decreasing boundaries in order that college students from all backgrounds and lived experiences can really feel a way of belonging within the communities they discover right here.
To align with our strategic priorities, we encourage people from Black, Indigenous, and racialized communities to use.
Below common course of the Assistant Director, Accessibility Companies, and in shut session with shoppers, the Challenge Supervisor, Accessibility Companies Database is the first level of contact for assigned IT or strategic tasks. The Challenge Supervisor is answerable for total implementation of tasks from idea to completion and for all points throughout the completely different phases of the challenge. This consists of complicated necessities evaluation, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and closure. The Challenge Supervisor will apply challenge administration fundamentals and greatest practices to construction tasks for achievement by managing scope, high quality, funds, threat, points, distributors, groups, and stakeholder relationships. Frequent duties could contain coordinating assets, partaking stakeholders, establishing milestones, assigning duties, monitoring, summarizing, and speaking the challenge standing. The Challenge Supervisor additionally manages adjustments in challenge scope, identifies potential dangers and devises contingency plans whereas adhering to overarching targets of maintaining the challenge on time and on funds inside the agreed upon scope.
The incumbent will create and handle challenge belongings and documentation; present common standing reviews and updates on the general challenge well being and progress to numerous stakeholders and challenge groups; assessment Challenge Dangers, assessing mitigation plans and presenting the identical to numerous stakeholders and challenge groups; set up efficient communication amongst the challenge staff in addition to related stakeholders; set up Normal Working Procedures for implementation and post-production actions.
The Challenge Supervisor, Accessibility Companies Database will interpret and apply EDI ideas and incorporate Accessibility workflow processes when making impartial selections; assess wants and contribute to the event of accessibility options inside the database system; conceptualize and oversee the format and set-up of focus teams, one-on-one interviews and information gathering periods; conduct detailed evaluation and analysis to tell challenge planning actions; replace paperwork associated to database challenge together with Challenge Charters, process flows, course of inventories, and system administration; analyze Accessibility Companies present service supply and/or inside processes and recommending enhancements to new database.
The Challenge Supervisor may match immediately with college students registered with Accessibility Companies, work together with confidential scholar recordsdata, and and talk about processes associated to the confidentiality of scholars with disabilities. The Challenge Supervisor may have familiarity with navigating confidentiality and privateness tips, particularly in scholar and group interactions.
Your duties will embrace:
- Main and planning IT tasks
- Creating challenge schedules together with milestones, important path, timelines, deliverables and reporting
- Creating and implementing database testing plans, eventualities and environments
- Deciphering extremely complicated and technical information
- Analyzing the effectiveness and effectivity of current methods and creating technical options for methods enhancements
- Coordinating assembly schedules, agendas, supplies, motion and follow-up objects
- Offering detailed info on system specs to shoppers
- Coaching end-users onprocedures and the usage of supported IT methods
- Bachelor’s diploma in Info Research, Laptop Engineering or Info Know-how plus a accomplished Challenge Supervisor Skilled (PMP) certification or equal Challenge Administration certification/coaching most well-liked.
- Minimal 5 (5) years of associated direct expertise in managing complicated tasks for database builds, together with all points of course of improvement and execution.
- Demonstrated expertise in making use of waterfall and agile methodologies for challenge improvement and/or implementation.
- Expertise creating challenge plans, reviews, and communications and advertising and marketing supplies.
- In depth understanding of challenge and program administration ideas, strategies and methods.
- Superior proficiency with MS Challenge, Excel, PowerPoint and cloud-based Challenge and Portfolio Administration instruments.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Workplace 365, together with MS Groups and SharePoint.
- Superior communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Sturdy oral presentation and facilitation abilities.
- Skill to research and synthesize info from a number of sources and supply suggestions.
- Skill to develop and preserve efficient relationships with stakeholders
- Tactful, discrete, with the flexibility to take care of confidentiality and sound judgment.
- Sturdy time administration abilities with the flexibility to work nicely underneath stress and meet competing priorities and deadlines.
- Information of PHIPA, HIPAA, AODA tips .
- Expertise with information evaluation and information modeling, enterprise course of evaluation, writing technical specs and use instances, optimizing methods and processes, and implementing new methods can be an asset.
To achieve success on this position you may be:
- Group participant
Closing Date: 11/28/2023, 11:59PM ET
Worker Group: USW
Appointment Kind: Price range – Time period This can be a TERM position ending December 2025, with the potential for renewal.
Schedule: Full-Time Time beyond regulation every now and then, as accepted by supervisor. Late hours as soon as per week.
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 16 — $99,548 with an annual step development to a most of $127,305. Pay scale and job class project is topic to dedication pursuant to the Job Analysis/Pay Fairness Upkeep Protocol.
Job Class: Administrative / Managerial
Recruiter: Anita Chooraman
Lived Expertise Assertion
Candidates who’re members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, individuals with disabilities, and different fairness deserving teams are inspired to use, and their lived expertise shall be considered as relevant to the posted place.
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl//motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.