Victoria Hospice Society
Respect Compassion Integrity Commitment Collaboration Excellence
PROJECT ASSISTANT, EDUCATION AND RESEARCH
At Victoria Hospice Society, our mission is to enhance the quality of life for those facing advancing illness, death, and bereavement through skilled and compassionate care, education, research, and advocacy.
For more than 40 years, Victoria Hospice Society has been caring for the dying and supporting those who love them. Our staff are compassionate professionals of various backgrounds.
In 2020, evaluated against national service standards, Victoria Hospice proudly achieved accreditation with commendation from Accreditation Canada. In 2021, we were one of Charity Intelligence’s Top 100 charities. Our outstanding people, dedication to our clients and passion for excellence in everything we do are the reasons for our success. (For more about Victoria Hospice, see https://victoriahospice.org.)
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Project Assistant, Education and Research to join our team! If you are ready to take your career to the next step and be part of a high-energy group of people passionate about our mission, we want to hear from you!
Why work for Victoria Hospice Society?
- We offer competitive compensation and benefit plans and a defined benefit pension plan.
- We are a close-knit, compassionate community of staff and volunteers.
- We value our employees and respect the need for work/life balance.
- We invest in you and your professional development.
- We celebrate our clients and each other.
- And much more!!
Working within the vision, values and mission of Victoria Hospice Society, the Project Assistant is an integral part of Victoria Hospice’s Education and Research Department. Reporting to the Director of Education and Research and with work direction from the Education and Quality Improvement Lead, the Project Assistant supports the team with education, research and quality improvement activities and acts as a resource for the program with regard to statistical information.
What you will do
- Support the development of projects through the creation, collection, compilation, analysis and synthesis of information
- Maintain an overview of all department projects
- Participate in the development of proposals, charters, project plans, reports, presentations, statistical summaries
- Conduct literature reviews and environmental scans
- Develop presentations and other engagement and communication approaches to support VHS internally and externally
Our Ideal Candidate is . . .
- A great team player with a genuine interest in end-of-life care excellence
- Friendly, outgoing and has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Great at building and maintaining trusting, collaborative relationships
- A go-getter; has initiative, drive, and a genuine interest in doing things with and for others
- An enthusiastic learner with a thirst for continual learning
Demonstrated Skills and Abilities
- Ability to source evidence and conduct literature reviews
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to find, collect, analyze and interpret data, use basic statistical concepts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prepare informative, accurate, timely reports
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks based on deadlines
- Ability to monitor and implement various projects and assignments with limited supervision
- Physical ability to carry out duties of the position
- Advanced computer literacy
- Commitment to the values of Victoria Hospice
Education, Training and Experience
- Post-secondary education equivalent to two years, including courses such as research methods and statistical analysis, project management, data collection, report writing
- Advanced use of word processing, project management, database and spreadsheet software
This is a full-time position. The annual salary range is $42,070 to $52,586.
Application process: Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] This posting will be open until the position is filled.
This position is covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination order. Hence, as part of our commitment to the health and safety of our community, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $42,070.00-$52,586.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- Secondary School (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Victoria, BC
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.