Reference No. R2711705
Position Title: Program Manager (Technical Data – Foundation)
Department: Data Engineering Management
Location: Downtown area of Toronto, Ontario
At Sanofi, we chase the miracles of science to improve people’s lives. We believe our cutting-edge science and manufacturing, fueled by data and digital technologies, have the potential to transform the practice of medicine, turning the impossible into possible for millions of people.
As one of Canada’s leading investors in life sciences, manufacturing and research and development, we focus on delivering new and better ways to address unmet medical needs. Our life-changing and lifesaving products are grounded in science that Canadians can trust. They empower self-care, prevent and treat diseases, and help people live better.
Our vision for digital, data analytics and AI
Sanofi has embarked into a vast and ambitious digital transformation program. A cornerstone of this roadmap is the acceleration of its data transformation and of the adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) solutions. This has enabled us, to accelerate R&D, improve manufacturing and commercial performance, and bring novel drugs and vaccines to patients faster, all in order to improve health and save lives.
The Digital Team at Sanofi is a unique data-driven team. We pride ourselves on being data obsessed and highly focused on using state of the art processes along with global technologies to drive impact to our solutions. We measure our insights and products based on how they perform across the globe and hold ourselves to the highest regard as our solutions can impact millions of lives. When tackling a problem, we do not just ask how we will create a solution, but how we will create a solution that reaches across the world with the best possible societal outcome.
If you are passionate about improving the health and wellness of people across the globe using Data as your means, then you should look no farther than the Digital Team here at Sanofi. Join us on our journey in enabling Sanofi’s Digital Transformation through becoming an AI first organization.
- AI Factory – Versatile Teams Operating in Cross Functional Pods: Utilizing digital and data resources to develop AI products, bringing data management, AI and product development skills to products, programs and projects to create an agile, fulfilling and meaningful work environment.
- Leading Edge Tech Stack: Experience build products that will be deployed globally on a leading-edge tech stack.
- World Class Mentorship and Training: Working with renowned, published leaders and academics in machine learning to further develop your skillsets.
Who You Are:
We are looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to join the BioAIM program under the R&D Data & Computation Science department. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, particularly in software development, combined with proven project management experience in a pharmaceutical or healthcare environment.
- Develop, implement, and manage project plans for software development in the R&D department, ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget, and according to agreed-upon specifications.
- Collaborate with R&D scientists, software engineers, and other stakeholders to define project objectives, set key performance metrics, and establish project approach.
- Effectively communicate project expectations, key milestones, and deliverable statuses to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
- Coordinate and facilitate delivery of project objectives by ensuring clear communication among team members and stakeholders, managing project risks, and resolving issues as they arise.
- Leverage technical knowledge to provide direction and support to software engineering team, assisting with design and implementation when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with relevant industry regulations, company SOPs, and data privacy laws.
- Facilitate quality control processes, including regular code reviews and other best practices.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement in the software development process.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a project management role, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated experience in managing software development projects, preferably in R&D or scientific environment.
- Proven understanding of pharmaceutical industry regulations, data privacy laws, and R&D processes.
- Strong knowledge of Agile, Scrum, or other project management methodologies and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python, Scala, or R is a plus.
Better is out there. Better medications, better outcomes, better science. But progress doesn’t happen without people – people from different backgrounds, in different locations, doing different roles, all united by one thing: a desire to make miracles happen. So, let’s be those people.
Watch our ALL IN video and check out our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion actions at www.sanofi.com !
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Follow Sanofi on Twitter: @SanofiCanada and on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sanofi
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this posting.