University of Calgary
We would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the traditional territories of the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta. The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Districts 5 and 6.
The Department of Family Medicine in the Cumming School of Medicine invites applications for a Program Facilitator. This Fixed Term Recurring Part-time position is for approximately 1 year (based on length of grant funding), with the possibility of extension.
The position reports to the Principal Investigator, with accountabilities from the Research Associate. The number of hours worked per week would vary, peak weekly hourly time commitments is projected to between 5 to 10 hours per week.
There are multiple project sites. Therefore, positions are located all over Alberta and some in Saskatchewan.
This is a recurring part-time position. Recurring part-time employees are hourly employees engaged to perform work on an irregular schedule.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Advertise the program and recruit participants.
- Prepare weekly session plans based on the Makoyoh’sokoi program curriculum, including printing handouts and organizing program supplies
- Arrange facilities, fitness instructors, and special guests.
- Facilitate weekly sessions by leading introduction, nutrition talks and sharing circle
- Inform program staff of any accident or incident at the program and complete appropriate forms
- Inform program staff of participants at risk of suicide, depression or other debilitating illness that may require referral for information & services
- Regularly update the program’s social media page and provide online support (Facebook site)
- Assist with data collection
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Grade 12 education
- Previous research experience an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An interest in physical activity, nutrition, health, and wellbeing
- Experience working in recreation or community programming would be an asset
Application Deadline: November 27, 2023
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit, and falls under the Operational/Administrative Job Family, Phase II.
To find out more about management and staff opportunities at the University of Calgary and all we have to offer, view our Management and Staff Careers website . For more information visit Careers in the Cumming School of Medicine .
The University strongly recommends all faculty and staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university – a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation’s most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca .
The University of Calgary has launched an institution-wide Indigenous Strategy in line with the foundational goals of Eyes High , committing to creating a rich, vibrant, and culturally competent campus that welcomes and supports Indigenous Peoples, encourages Indigenous community partnerships, is inclusive of Indigenous perspectives in all that we do.
The University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their professional success while they are here. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.