University of British Columbia
Staff – Union
CUPE 2950 Salaried – Program Assistant 2 (Gr5)
Program Assistant – ANAE Residency Program
Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology and Therapeutics jobsincanada.one Faculty of Medicine jobsincanada.one Provost and VP Academic
$3,762.00 – $3,955.00 CAD Monthly
Posting End Date
December 9, 2022
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the Posting End Date above.
Job End Date
Jan 2, 2024
This position is located within a health-care facility, therefore, the successful candidate will be required to provide verification of full vaccination against Covid-19 provided prior to the start date, as required by a provincial health mandate.
The Program Assistant – ANAE Residency Program provides administrative support for the Postgraduate Residency Training Program in the Department of Anesthesia.
Reports directly to the Postgraduate Education Program Manager, and indirectly to the Administrator.
- Assists with the on-going development and improvement of electronic information support systems, such as student information systems for registration, program and course scheduling, and exams, grades, certificates.
- One45 – Inputs residents’ rotation schedule (per academic year) and initiates workflow (per block); Inputs vacations, leaves, lieu, and flex days; Tracks evaluations received and flag any concerns.
- RMS – Inputs resident leaves and sick days; Approves/denies stat holidays worked.
- Entrada – Tracks evaluations received; Onboards new faculty.
- Logbooks – Initiates and share fillable link.
- Updates relevant support systems when there are changes.
- Collects and maintains resident files – evaluations, research, quality assurance projs, resident as teachers report, letters, logbooks, etc.
- Keeps track of and inputs residents’:
vacation days / flex days / lieu days earned & taken / all leaves, including conferences, maternity, parental, medical, personal / sick days / etc.
- Assists the Residency Program Committee (RPC):
- Send out calendar invites for the RPC.
- Take attendance and minutes for the RPC.
- Update the membership list as required.
- Assists the Competence Committee (CCM):
- Send out calendar invites for the CCM.
- Create and maintain a resident summary sheet for each resident that tracks training requirements (e.g. required rotations and courses), rotations scheduled/completed by the resident, and evaluations received for the resident.
- Ensure that each resident is reviewed twice a year by the CCM.
- Send reminder emails to rotation supervisors to complete evaluation of residents.
- Update the membership list as required.
- Assists the Training Experience Review Subcommittee (TERC):
- Annually collate resident evaluations of faculty and rotations.
- Prepare and provide report to the TERC.
- Assists the CaRMS Selection Committee:
- Coordinates with the CaRMS Committee Chair to do an info session for potential candidates to the residency program.
- Circulates info session to all UGME programs throughout the nation.
- Assists the Program Manager in matching the candidates to interviewers using an unbiased grouping method.
- Assists in organizing and preparing for various events – Academic Days, Journal Club, CaRMS, etc.
- Organizes catering.
- Books physical & virtual rooms.
- Researches and assists in finding a venue for the annual Resident Retreat.
- Prepares and circulates the “Weekly Schedule of Events”.
- Communicates mandatory resident events with the Basic Clinical Year (BCY) Coordinators.
- Registers courses and exams for residents (e.g. AKT, ACLS, ATLS).
- Invigilates written exams for the residents.
- Processes and tracks all postgrad invoicing and expense reimbursements. Responsible for the distribution of payment to residents.
- and submits all teaching payment data.
- Coordinates finance reimbursements, invoicing, direct deposit info etc.
- Provides pre-written generic letters on behalf of the Program, such as the Proof of Enrolment Letter and the OOP Preceptorship Letter.
- Updates job manual and job description on an annual basis as needed.
- Provides overall administrative and operational support to the Program Director, Assistant Program Director, Program Manager, Committee Chairs, and Lead Residents.
- Takes initiative to schedule each resident to meet with the Program Director twice a year.
- Sends the Committee Chairs reminders to the next committee meeting.
- Coordinates cross coverage schedule and call schedules with the Lead Residents and Rotation Supervisors at various hospital sites.
- Maintains and keeps up to date the resident contact list (address, phone, and email).
- Performs other related tasks as needed.
Consequence of Error/Judgement
This position must exercise good judgement and initiative to handle matters based on the knowledge of the UBC, Departmental and Royal College policies and procedures. New or unusual problems are referred to the Postgraduate Education Program Manager.
Work is done primarily independently. However, the Program Assistant consults the Postgraduate Education Program Manager on new or complex problems.
Not required to supervise; may explain work procedures to new or inexperienced staff
High School graduation, plus one year of post-secondary education, plus three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Training in office procedures, software applications and website design/maintenance preferred..
- Experience using One45 and FMS including knowledge of UBC Finance Policies and Procedures preferred.
- Experience in a medical setting preferred.
- Computer experience required (Word and Excel preferred).
- Excellent oral, written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to type 60 w.p.m. and to operate a normal range of office equipment.
- Ability to use word processing and spreadsheet applications (Excel) at an advanced level including pivot tables.
- Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to take and transcribe minutes.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including attending early morning meetings and evening and weekend events as required.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.