Fort Erie International Academy
Professor, Skilled Trades – Welding (Full-time)
Canadian Institute of Technology and Trades (CITT)
Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada
November 30, 2022
Canadian Institute of Technology and Trades (CITT) is looking for outstanding individuals to join our faculty team in the Welding Skilled Trades programs. These programs provide students with a high degree of practical skills and theoretical knowledge in industrial and or construction trade sectors. Sheridan seeks part-time professors to teach in the following programs within the School of Skilled Trades and Apprenticeships:
Welding Techniques (PWLDT)
Welding and Fabrication Technician (PWLFT)
Dual Credit Welding & Tooling Program (STDWD)
CITT professors are responsible for developing an effective learning environment for students while respecting their diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles.
What You’ll be Doing
- Delivering course curriculum in classroom and/or online, which includes ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques;
- Tutoring and academic counselling of students, while evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within assigned courses;
- Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes and designing appropriate strategies and tools for assessing student learning;
- Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations and incorporating technology into the learning process where applicable;
- Attending periodic faculty meetings.
You have a passion for sharing your knowledge with others and contributing to the advancement of your field.
You respect equity and diversity and value participating in and creating safe and inclusive environments at work and in the community.
You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
You are an agile individual with an ability to respond and adapt to change while using your problem-solving skills to most appropriately and effectively support each student’s unique needs.
You are excited to learn to use new technology, software and applications to teach effectively in today’s digital age.
The successful candidate(s) will also meet the following qualifications:
- Licensed/certified in the appropriate skilled trade sector required, Red Seal or C of Q in 456A Welder and/or 437A Metal Fabricator;
- Minimum of 10 years related professional experience;
- Open availability to teach daytime, evenings, and weekends is preferred;
- Experience in teaching on-campus, online or in a hybrid format at the post-secondary level or equivalent experience as a trainer in industry preferred;
- Experience in curriculum development at the post-secondary level or equivalent is preferred;
- Formal studies in adult or higher education an asset;
- Strong network of contacts with other professionals in the Skilled Trades industry;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrable ability to convey the conceptual and applied aspects of knowledge to a broad range of students;
- Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment.
Who We Are:
The Canadian Institute of Technology and Trades (CITT) is a fully accredited, designated learning institution (DLI). CITT is a vocational College located near the world famous Niagara Falls in Ontario, Canada. CITT’s campus covers an area of 80,000 m2, and has first-class teaching facilities, including: two teaching buildings, two dormitory buildings, 12 scientific experiment labs, 12 skill training internship workshops, two indoor basketball gymnasiums, two libraries, two dining halls, an indoor swimming pool, a 400-seat theatre, an indoor fitness room as well as a standard outdoor soccer field. CITT offers diplomas across the fields in business, finance, management, science & technology for students above 16 years old. To better service increased needs from international students, who have different background and dreams, CITT has established the following pathway programs and career training programs.
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package and generous vacation entitlement
- Employee and family assistance programs
- Tuition Assistance
Salary Range: Based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Start Date: Winter 2023
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort Erie, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Welding: 1 year (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.