Professor – Machining Basics (Trades Fundamentals)
School of Trades and Technology
March 3, 2023 – April 21, 2023
In-person Delivery; up to 10 hours/week
College Drive Campus – North Bay, ON
DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2023 – 12:00 P.M.
· Certificate of Apprenticeship and/or Certificate of Qualification
· Completion of an accredited Machinist Program
· Minimum five years of recent industry experience in all aspects of the Machining Industry
· Hands-on experience in advanced manufacturing processes including one or more of 3D scanning, 3D Printing, operation of CNC equipment, and creation of manufacturing drawings
· Previous post-secondary teaching experience informed by excellence with various learning theories and methods
· Highly effective communication, presentation, and organizational skills
· Demonstrated knowledge of student success strategies in a post-secondary setting
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in learning management systems as well as the use of remote delivery and educational technologies
· Previous teaching experience is an asset
· Teach MST010 – Machining Basicsto the Trades Fundamental students
· Plan, deliver, and evaluate effective learning related to the outlined courses
· Work closely with students and colleagues to provide an optimal learning environment
· Demonstrate and enforce safe working habits and monitor students in the shop environment
· Perform all responsibilities associated with the learning environment including preparation, delivery, and evaluation of theory and practical learning activities
A cover letter together with a current resume, quoting the above competition number, will be accepted by the Organizational Development and Talent Management Department by email until 12:00 p.m., on the closing date.
Canadore College is committed to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 2 months
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Salary: From $90.71 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North Bay, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- machining industry: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-04
Expected start date: 2023-03-03
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.