Loyalist College is located on the territory of the Huron-Wendat, the Anishinaabeg, and the Haudenosaunee people. We acknowledge our shared obligation to respect, honour, and sustain these lands and the natural resources contained within. Loyalist College is Ontario’s Destination College – empowering students, faculty, staff, and partners through experiential, industry focused, cluster-based education, training, and applied research programs. Located on more than 200 acres in the beautiful Bay of Quinte region, the College is perfectly positioned between Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal. Loyalist College is a close-knit community where students and their success come first. Loyalist provides personalized attention in small classes, rewarding field placements, and superior student services. Its Belleville, Bancroft, and Toronto campuses and Port Hope satellite location support programs and services for more than 6,000 full-time and 8,000 part-time students each year.
With a flexible schedule and in-person classes, the part-time Professor will facilitate the delivery of courses within the above programming incorporating a variety of teaching, learning and assessment strategies, which are designed to successfully meet the needs of learners.
- Ensures that course curricula are current, relevant, and reflective of best practices within the relevant professional/program disciplines
- Creates an effective environment for learning which accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles
- Develops and implements course learning outcomes and alternative delivery strategies, ensuring that they support and reflect program goals
- Assures that students are aware of all relevant learning outcomes, learning strategies and assessment techniques
- Assesses student achievement of learning outcomes and supports student progress through individual tutoring, academic counselling, and timely feedback
- Develops multi-media materials and alternative delivery strategies, and incorporates appropriate educational technologies into the learning process
- Liaises effectively with internal and external partners to create and maintain a collaborative and relevant learning environment
- Background in financial services, Al technologies and coding
- Advanced diploma or degree in a related field
- Experience teaching at the post-secondary level
- A proven commitment to achieving and developing excellence in others
- A commitment to lifelong learning in the field
- A proven ability to work within a collaborative environment, demonstrating flexibility
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Advanced computer literacy and a demonstrated willingness to acquire and use learning tools (such as Loyalist’s “Canvas” System) commensurate with departmental requirements
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and problem-solving, conflict and stress management skills
- Experience developing, delivering, and evaluating curriculum is an asset
- Experience facilitating learning at the post-secondary/adult level demonstrating a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning is a strong asset
- Experience training others
This position is not benefits eligible.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.