Loyalist College is located on the territory of the Huron-Wendat, the Anishinaabeg, and the Haudenosaunee people. We acknowledge our shared obligation to respect, honour, and sustain these lands and the natural resources contained within.
Loyalist College is Ontario’s Destination College – empowering students, faculty, staff, and partners through experiential, industry focused, cluster-based education, training, and applied research programs. Located on more than 200 acres in the beautiful Bay of Quinte region, the College is perfectly positioned between Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal. Loyalist College is a close-knit community where students and their success come first. Loyalist provides personalized attention in small classes, rewarding field placements, and superior student services. Its Belleville, Bancroft, and Toronto campuses and Port Hope satellite location support programs and services for more than 6,000 full-time and 8,000 part-time students each year.
Reporting to the Dean, School of Media, Business & Access the incumbent facilitates the delivery of a range of courses in the Business cluster including, but not limited to courses in Global Business Management, Business, Finance & Analytics and Human Resources Management programs. The incumbent will incorporate a variety of teaching, learning and assessment strategies to meet the needs of learners.
- Implements a range of delivery strategies, which complements the varied learning styles represented in a current college classroom and encourages a cooperative learning climate, incorporating evidence-based practice and best practice guidelines
- Develops and implements course learning outcomes and assessment strategies, ensuring program goals are reflected
- Enhances and defines cluster-based programming within the School of Business
- Defines, evaluates, and validates learning outcomes for courses and programs, ensuring that students are aware of relevant learning outcomes, strategies, and assessment techniques
- Supports student progress in assigned courses through individual tutorial and academic counseling
- Engages in ongoing faculty development opportunities and effectively liaises with colleagues and other College and community and industry partners to maintain a collaborative and relevant learning environment
- Contributes to program development by participating in the Provincial Program Review processes
- Assists in program awareness and program recruitment activities
- Assists with the creation and supervision of student field placements as assigned
- Incorporates appropriate technological tools that support the learning environment
- Explores new program offerings, delivery modalities and promotes student pathways to graduate certificates and degree programs
- Completion of a degree or graduate degree in Business Analytics and/or MBA with a Data Analytics focus
- Minimum of five (5) years of recent and relevant experience in a breadth of business-related environments, including finance and data analytics
- Recent and relevant post-secondary teaching experience is an asset
- A commitment to excellence in educational delivery demonstrated through experience in a variety of teaching and learning environments would be preferred
- Knowledge of emerging trends as well as potential programs based on industry demand, community engagement, and global market forecasts
- Demonstrated ability to cross-collaborate across various program disciplines
- An ability to apply an understanding of diversity and inclusiveness to meet the needs of a diverse student population
- A demonstrated understanding of the principles of adult learning along with experience teaching adult learners and developing curriculum; previous teaching experience particularly in the college environment is an asset
- An ability to work within a collaborative environment demonstrated through a strong network of contacts with other professionals, agencies and employers
- Computer literacy and a willingness to learn and utilize learning tools (such as Canvas) employed at the college to enhance student success
Please note: Following an offer of employment, candidates with Canadian credentials will be required to provide official transcripts from the granting educational institution(s); candidates with international credentials must provide World Education Services (WES) evaluation (at their own cost) confirming Canadian equivalency of their credentials.
Loyalist is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive college community. We encourage and welcome applications from marginalized and equity seeking groups. Loyalist College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you have accommodation needs, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an email to [email protected].
Benefits for Full-time Academic Staff include:
- A comprehensive Extended Health & Dental Plan (covering 85% of eligible paramedical services up to a combined maximum of $2,000 in any calendar year)
- A defined benefit pension plan with CAAT pension where you will enjoy the certainty of predictable and secure lifetime pension payments CAAT pension website
- Life and accident insurance
- Out-of-country travel insurance
- Pregnancy and parental leave, including a top-up to Employment Insurance benefits
- Academic employees are eligible to apply for a sabbatical for professional development purposes
- Tuition subsidy opportunities
Work Life Balance Matters at Loyalist College
Full-time Academic Staff can expect:
- After 1 full academic year of service, vacation entitlement is two months as scheduled by the College.
- December closure period without reduction of regular salary
- Employee Family Assistance Plan – provides timely short-term counselling and consultation assistance to employees and their immediate family
- A discount on membership to the fitness centre
- An Inclusive and Accessible Workplace
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.