Academic Full-time New Position
(First consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal applicants in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements)
Conestoga College is a leader in polytechnic education. Our career-focused education, training, and applied research programs prepare students for success, support industry, and workforce needs, and promote economic prosperity throughout our region and across Ontario.
As a preferred employer, Conestoga is committed to supporting the development and well-being of our employees through competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and ongoing professional and personal learning opportunities that result in enhanced skills, shared successes, and an engaged college community.
The School of Engineering & Technology is currently seeking a qualified professional to join the Advanced Building Systems program team. Under the direction of the Chair, the Professor is responsible for providing the delivery of curriculum, development of an effective learning environment for students, and academic leadership:
- Designing, updating, and delivering a variety of courses including project courses
- Defining, evaluating, and validating program and course learning outcomes
- Developing alternative delivery strategies, online course development, and teaching as required
- Ensuring program and course curriculum are current, relevant, and reflective of best practices in the field
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and evaluating student progress and achievement
- Creating and maintaining a positive learning environment that supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds and learning styles
- Participating in department, portfolio/school and college-wide activities/task groups as required
- Working in a collaborative, collegial manner both within the department and across the college
- Support applied research activities including the identification and selection of potential projects
- Development of industry partnerships and collaboration with industry partners
- Fulfilling responsibilities as defined in the Academic Employees Collective Agreement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building Systems or related field of study
- Minimum of three years relevant industry experience
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level is considered an asset
- Minimum three years of adult or post-secondary teaching experience
- Experience with curriculum development is an asset
- Experience with computer systems (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite) and educational technologies (e.g., D2L) is preferred
- Demonstrated exceptional presentation, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an academic team
- Demonstrated ability to relate to learners and providing a positive learning environment to students working at different skill levels including international students and students requiring accommodation is an asset
- Strong commitment to academic excellence, student success, and ability to support Conestoga’s continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Strong relationships with industry contacts and network connections are considered an asset
The successful candidate will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus according to program needs. Employment commences April 2023 and the vacation period for this position will be scheduled during the Winter semester.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.