Production Supervisor – Aurora
Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference?
At Piramal, we make life changing, lifesaving medications and you can be a part of that. You will be impacting a patient’s life for the better.
In exchange, you will receive competitive compensation which is reviewed annually, bonus program, excellent health and insurance benefits, career progression, pension plan, tuition re-imbursement, referral program and more.
If you don’t just want a job, but you want a career with a company that makes a difference to so many people’s lives, APPLY NOW!
As a shift supervisor you will supervise and contribute to all production areas in the production of active pharmaceutical ingredients and intermediates in a safe and efficient manner that is compliant with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP), safety and environmental standards, company regulations and client requirements.
- Provide leadership to production staff through activities such as recruitment, performance management, mentoring, coaching and corrective action
- Plan shift activities and assign tasks to all shift members to ensure the highest level of production efficiency, output and conformance to schedule
- Supervise batch process operations according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) through various units of operations (i.e. charging liquids/solids, distillation, filtrations, sampling, cleaning, etc.)
- Participate in daily operations meetings and report on shift output
- Make sure that existing and potential equipment problems are proactively reported to Maintenance
- Actively walk the operational areas to promote and ensure safe and clean production environment
- Facilitate and maintain an emphasis on the Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) for all production staff according to site EHS procedures and legislative requirements. Ensure that all safety incidents are reported within 24 hours, root cause analysis performed within 5 business days and corrective and preventive measures assigned and executed as per agreed timelines.
- Promote and ensure compliance with cGMP according to SOP’s and cGMP standards
- Review all cGMP documentation, including batch records, cleaning sheets, logs, etc. in real time during the shift. Make sure that all corrections are addressed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that Quality deviations are initiated as they occur. Perform root cause analysis and assign corrective and preventive measures within 25 days of the initiated deviation.
- Review training documents for completeness and identify any gaps in training and close the identified gaps within established time lines.
- Participate in inter-departmental/functional collaborations and communications with various company staff on internal improvement projects and/or client projects
- Actively contribute to site continuous improvement initiatives by providing guidance and leadership to their respective shifts.
- Actively contribute to all cost saving activities in production department
- Perform weekly inventory counts to verify availability of personal protective equipment, product contact materials, and process related glassware and complete and submit purchasing requests.
- Manage the shifts time and attendance system ensuring accuracy of hours and timely approvals for payroll processing
- EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL ATTAINMENT:
- Chemical, Industrial or Mechanical engineering or science degree or equivalent
- Formal training in continuous improvement techniques is an asset
JOB RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 2-3 years experience in supervising production staff, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in leadership, mentoring and coaching of production staff
- Strong knowledge of EHS rules and regulations
- Strong knowledge of cGMP rules and regulations
- Proven proficiency in initiating and monitoring continuous improvement activities
- Strong knowledge of production equipment and processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Expert skills in handling hazardous chemicals (WHMIS)
- Expert skills and knowledge of cGMP, GDP and quality rules and regulations
- Possess strong written skills to effectively review and revise SOPs, batch records, cleaning sheets and other cGMP related documents
- Knowledge in the operation of equipment such as Reactors, scrubber system, pumps/hoses, sparkler filters, robot filters, and heating/cooling units etc.
- Ability to work within a operations environment (indoor/outdoor) and shift work
- Certification in First Aid and CPR
- Advanced knowledge of Personal Protective Equipment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and knowledge
- Strong software application experience (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, database)
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement methods and techniques
Piramal Pharma Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted to be part of our recruitment process and require accommodation during it, please let us know.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- 12 hour shift
- Will you be able to travel or relocate to Aurora, ON?
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.