Dycar Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Production Associate, Grow
Dycar Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is seeking a Production Associate, Grow for our cannabis cultivation and manufacturing facility located in beautiful Cranbrook, BC. The Production Associate, Grow is responsible for working with the Grow team to support the day-to-day functions of cannabis plant cultivation.
This is a Full-time permanent opportunity with some shift work required.
· Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all cultivation activities to ensure regulatory compliancy, and to achieve consistent and high-quality products.
· Complete cultivation related tasks that are assigned in a timely manner, ensuring completion of prioritized tasks.
· Responsible for labelling and tracking of cannabis lots and plants.
· Regularly sanitize equipment and production areas. Maintain a clean and tidy workspace and display a high standard of cleanliness.
· Assure all cannabis products are free from contamination risk at all processing stages, from propagation to final product packaging.
· Ensure that waste products are managed and destroyed as per the current approved SOPs
· Collection of samples and data related to plant or environmental health as needed. Responsible for maintaining information in a clear and organized manner.
· Preventative maintenance and cleaning of cultivation equipment and tools
· Preparation and application of fertilizers, beneficial microbes and beneficial insects.
· Plant care, including propagation, defoliation and pruning, scouting, harvesting, etc.
· Maintain daily communication with supervisor(s) to ensure information transfer regarding ongoing activities related to daily/weekly production.
· Other duties as assigned. Dycar is a young and promising start up company, with everyone stepping up to do whatever is needed for our team to succeed. Other tasks may be assigned as dictated by the needs of the business, and it is up to everyone to do what is needed to push us forward.
Experience and Skills
· Prior experience in a greenhouse and/or growing facility is an asset
· Prior experience in a regulated manufacturing environment is considered an asset
· Effective written and verbal English communication skills; ability to follow detailed operating procedures in accordance with Health Canada
· Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office environment
· Knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment processes and options is an asset. Holding a Pesticide Applicator Certificate is a strong asset
· Ability to complete a high volume of paperwork with accuracy
· Ability to pass a criminal record check to obtain Health Canada Security clearance is considered an asset
· Ability to perform physical tasks required for an 8-hour shift period, including but not limited to: standing, walking, bending/reaching (repetitive), pushing/pulling, lifting (up to 20 kgs), and squatting
· Ability to work in environments with warm temperature and high humidity, and variable lighting (from very bright to dark)
· Ability to wear assigned Personal Protective Equipment including, but not limited to medical gloves, safety eyewear, face masks and hair/beard nets
· Ability to frequently work with cleaning products including, but not limited to, Green Clean and Isopropyl Alcohol
· This position will involve significant exposure to cannabis/plant materials and is therefore not likely suitable for anyone that may suffer from allergies to cannabis or plant pollen, or for anyone that experiences medical issues such as asthma or hay fever as a result of exposure to cannabis/plant materials
· Competitive compensation
· Benefits package included after 3 months
· Local hires are preferred candidates
· Full-time permanent opportunity
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.