Producer, Media and Digital Projects – full-time & permanent position, hybrid office (downtown Toronto)
Our amazing team is expanding!
At Sandbox, we are a weird bunch, we do things differently. We are at the intersection of filmmaking, design and technology and have a passion for learning. We work hard and are not afraid of venturing into new territory to deliver beautiful, out-of-the-box digital media and learning products. We strive to make a difference for clientswho work to improve lives on a global scale, from UNICEF to the World Health Organization, from TEDx to the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research.
What’s in it for you?
We’re looking for a Producer to join our team on a full-time basis and lead projects that fuse media, technology and learning. This role is perfect for producers in the media industry who believe the future is digital and interactive!
At Sandbox you’ll get to:
- Join a small and mighty team of filmmakers, designers, technologists, educators, researchers, and operational maestros who share knowledge, help each other, and grow together
- Work in a dynamic agency environment with a lot of opportunity to exercise your creativity
- Stretch your skills and learn on the job
- Work to make a difference, whether you’re interested in improving education, health, the economy, our communities or the environment
- Enjoy a flexible work environment with a hybrid office, four weeks of vacation, attractive salary progression and professional development opportunities
We are looking for a creative and detail-oriented Producer to lead a range of projects including live action, animation, and mixed format video, as well as web development and e-learning products, from conceptualization to delivery. As a member of the management team, the Producer reports to the Executive Producer. The role involves:
Project conceptualization, planning and pitching (20%)
- Lead concept development and define the project’s creative direction based on client objectives, timeline, and budget, in collaboration with the Executive Producer (this can include joining the EP on client pitches)
- Collaborate with the Production Manager to strategic assemble project teams (from our in-house talent and freelance contractors) and determine timelines
- Collaborate with the Executive Producer and other Producers to identify and pitch original content creation ideas for television, streaming platforms or other channels
Team management (30%)
- Provide creative direction to project teams throughout the phases of production to ensure project goals are met
- Work with Production Manager to maintain open channels of communication with team members, using project management tools and frequent touch points to ensure efficient communication, project flow and troubleshooting
- Support the professional growth of our in-house talent, from day-to-day mentorship to the annual performance review
Quality review and assurance (30%)
- Manage project execution and quality control from development to delivery, providing feedback on scripts, videos, designs and web functionalities
- In collaboration with the Production Manager, contribute to identifying best practices to continue to improve processes to support high quality within tight timelines
Client management and communications (20%)
- Lead client communications, in writing and through meetings, ensuring client needs are understood, their expectations managed, and project goals are met
- Identify any concerns regarding timing, quality or scope and proactively raise them with Executive Producer
What You Bring to the Table
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the media production industry, with at least 3 years in a management/leadership role
- You have experience managing multiple projects with tight timelines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are a self-starter, love to solve problems and to learn from challenges
- You are comfortable leading inter-disciplinary creative and technical teams with diverse skills sets, including skills that you may not have yourself
- You communicate with tact, diplomacy and clarity in writing and verbally
- You have a good eye for aesthetics and an interest in technology
- You have completed a university degree, a college diploma, an industry certification, or other training equipping you with skills relevant to the opportunity.
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed above. We believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and are excited about this opportunity, then we want to hear from you!
The Hiring Process
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only applications submitted through Indeed will be considered, and only individuals invited to participate in the next step in the hiring process will be contacted.
The hiring process involves the following steps:
- Submit your CV, cover letter and answer screening questions on Indeed
- Complete a skills assessment
- First interview
- Second interview, including a short written assignment
The offices of Sandbox Inc. are located in downtown Toronto, just south of Trinity Bellwoods park. Currently, our team operates on a hybrid model: we work mostly remotely and have meetings in the office periodically.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Please include a link to a portfolio of work (at least 3 examples) that demonstrates your creative and leadership skills.
- What is your most relevant educational credential for this role?
- How many years of experience in media production do you have?
- Are you based in Canada?
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.