At Roche, we foster a diversity of scientific approaches and embrace innovative ideas. Combining that with the seamless integration of our capabilities in Roche Pharma and Roche Diagnostics, we are uniquely positioned to achieve medical breakthroughs for patients and society. With our global spread of research, diagnostics and pharma development, data analytics and genomic insight teams, we are all working to translate science and research into groundbreaking therapies and diagnostics.
What You Will Do
Within our Global Procurement Department, in the Facilities & Engineering Network, we are looking for a Delivery/Project Procurement Manager to support the procurement of engineering, planning, civil engineering, production systems, and automation services. You will work independently and in close contact with our Global Delivery and Customer Excellence Managers, local and regional suppliers, and with local engineering project teams.
- Independently handle project procurement activities in the areas of engineering, planning, building construction, civil engineering services, production systems, and automation services in coordination and collaboration with the engineering project team.
- Write the above-mentioned services and/or obtain offers together or in coordination with the project teams and other technical departments.
- Together with the project teams and/or technical departments, independently carry out supplier discussions/bidder discussions.
- In conjunction with engineering, negotiate work contracts in personal discussions with suppliers/bidders on based on specified work contract drafts.
- Advise the engineering/project teams on commercial issues.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in a Commercial, Civil Engineering, Project Management or an equivalent discipline.
- 7+ years of experience in purchasing/planning supporting engineering, construction services, production facilities, and working in project teams.
- Very good MS Office skills, experience with SAP and knowledge of English
- Excellent advisory/negotiation skills demonstrating assertiveness, persuasiveness, and resilience.
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a team environment – someone who excels at communicating with all levels of employees while promoting strong team collaboration.
Relocation benefits are not available for this job position.
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche Pharma Canada has its office in Mississauga, Ontario and employs over 850 employees. The Mississauga facility is bright, vibrant, fosters collaboration and teamwork, and is reflective of Roche’s truly innovative culture.
As of January 4, 2022, Roche requires all new employees who work in Canada to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date they take office. This requirement is a condition of employment at Roche that applies regardless of whether the position is on a Roche campus or remotely. If you have a valid reason for not being fully immunized, which is limited to certain specific medical reasons or other valid reasons protected by applicable human rights laws, you may request an exemption and / or adaptation measures regarding this vaccination requirement.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this posting.