Principal Medical Science Liaison
JR000013717 Principal Medical Science Liaison (Open)
CC-Canada – CAN510
This position reports to the Country Medical Director. The MSL may have contact with internal colleagues in pharmaceuticals, marketing, sales, research and development, strategy/portfolio management, regulatory, and medical affairs team members. External collaboration includes trade associations, professional societies, payers, clinicians, policy thought leaders, and various government personnel and agencies. Collaboration across a matrix organization is required. MSLs have no sales objectives or accountability for prescribing or sales of any MNK product(s) and are required to avoid any situations that could create the appearance that they have such responsibilities.
A Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will serve as a liaison to the medical/scientific community and will be responsible for establishing, nurturing, and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders within the geographic and therapeutic area of coverage. This position, part of Medical Affairs, is field-based and necessitates a robust scientific foundation, either through technical or clinical expertise. MSLs are expected to be trusted sources of clinical and scientific information and also provide practical guidance to healthcare practitioners, key opinion leaders (KOL), professional associations, and healthcare payers. MSLs are accountable for ensuring that regional field strategies are executed in harmony with the company’s scientific goals.
- Develop relationships with focus KOLs in their assigned territory through engaging in scientific exchange
- Engage in peer-to-peer scientific dialogue effectively communicating scientific, medical, technical, or product (reactive) content
- Support HCP field education, training, and safe use of drugs or biologics.
- Assess KOL alignment with the key scientific discussion topics to inform territory and medical strategy
- Identify KOL Advocates and Collaborators within your assigned territory
- Compliantly support company sponsored research, investigator-initiated research, external collaborative research, and publications associated with MNK product(s)
- Stay abreast of emerging scientific literature/clinical data and translate to applicable knowledge.
- Ensure appropriate communication of clinical and scientific information regarding FDA approved and pipeline products in a timely, ethical, and customer-focused manner with support of your manager
- Respond to MIRFs with an initial contact within 2 days and a full answer within 3 weeks (when a standard response letter doesn’t exist)
- Collect scientific and clinical insights based on scientific information/clinical data sharing to optimize medical communications and coordinated strategy and tactics across the organization.
- Respond to all requests for directed insights within the expected timeframe
- Participate in advisory boards as requested
Internal Project Support
- Contributes scientific content and/or helps create materials in support of a project or initiative
Teamwork & Leadership
- Participate in team calls, projects, and activities
- Collaborate with MSL colleagues
- Understand and operate in alignment with the MNK Values and Leadership Framework
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) or clinical degree (NP, PA) ; or equivalent clinical experience (e.g., RN, RT) if appropriate
- 2+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, other healthcare environment or equivalent experience
- Ability to effectively communicate scientific content through face-to-face individual meetings, small group interactions, and in writing
- Effective collaboration with internal departments is essential, and the ability to work cohesively as a strong team player
- Demonstrate independence, adaptability, and strong interpersonal skills while showcasing problem-solving abilities, strategic thinking, and a patient-centered approach
- Be committed to full compliance with all company SOPs, regulatory requirements, and applicable laws including IMC guidelines for field-based personnel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Prior experience in Hepatology, Nephrology, or Transplantation
- Demonstrated ability to access and develop relationships with external stakeholders
- Thorough knowledge of medicine, treatment guidelines, clinical research processes, customer strategies, and FDA promotional guidelines, regulations, and ethical guidelines
- Bilingual (English/French)
Ability to travel, up to 60% of the time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this posting.