Come Join Our Team!!
Principal -Permanent Full-Time
The Principal is responsible for the administration and oversight of the ʔaq̓amnik̓ Elementary School, out-of-school programs, summer programs and student transportation services. The Principal oversees and evaluates the strategic direction and work environment, monitors student learning and growth, and oversees the leadership and operation of the school.
· Ensure alignment of curricula, instructional practices, student needs, and assessments amongst all classrooms meeting guidelines and standards. Consistently monitor the learning environment and its impact on student learning and success.
· Ensure Community values, culture, language, and concepts are embedded throughout the school, curriculum, and classrooms.
· Develop and implement programs, processes, etc. aimed at achieving goals related to education set out in the strategic plan. Consistently work towards achieving the Mission and Vision of ʔaq̓am and recognize achievement of goals.
· Manage and provide leadership and mentorship to the ʔaq̓amnik’ school staff and related programming; coordinating with each staff member in the development of their individual work plans as well as the school’s overall plan and assigning the team’s daily activities and tasks and provide ongoing training and support to teachers and employees.
· Understand and promote Education Jurisdiction Implementation in the school
· Oversee all administration related to the School, including finances; such as accounts payable, preparing funding proposals and provide support in preparing and managing the fiscal budget.
The successful candidate will have a minimum Bachelor of Education Degree or equivalent combined with extensive knowledge of school administration and valid B.C. Teaching Certificate (incorporates criminal record check), as well as a minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position at a Senior Level role with proven proficiency in human resources, project, and budget management.
The core of our Organization is serving the ʔaq̓am Community and the Ktunaxa Nation overall. If a person looking to join the ʔaq̓am Organization does not currently possess this understanding of the Community or Nation, they must demonstrate a genuine interest to learn more and immerse themselves in the culture to gain a greater understanding.
To see the full job description of this position please visit our website: www.aqam.net under Employment Opportunities
Please submit your cover letter and resume marked “Principal” to:
Recruiting at ʔaq̓am 7470 Mission Road, Cranbrook, BC, V1C 7E5;
Applications will be accepted until a qualified candidate is hired and will be reviewed as received.
Preference will be given to candidates of Ktunaxa or other First Nations ancestry and ʔaq̓am encourages applicants to self-identify within your application. Thank you to all those that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $72,000.00-$103,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- No weekends
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.