Morgan Construction & Environmental Ltd.
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. is an earthworks and environmental group who continues to grow in projects, scope, and in our people. With projects throughout Canada; over 500 workers; and hundreds of pieces of heavy equipment; Morgan continuously seeks to add top talent to their team.
Our projects provide the challenges you need to take your career to the next level. Morgan’s entrepreneurial spirit and growth focus means you have year-round work with opportunity for growth and advancement. We can’t wait to see what we can build together.
**We are currently seeking Preventative Maintenance Technicians This position is based out of our Poplar Creek AB location, with travel to our site locations and responsible for day-to-day preventative maintenance of our equipment fleet.
- Actively supports safety culture by operating equipment and tools in a safe manner, follows Morgan’s Safe Work Procedures, follows Morgan’s PPE policies and practices and report all near misses and incidents to management in a timely fashion
- Demonstrates good judgment and think problems through where applicable, and suggests improvements on job quality
- Interacts with internal and external customers in a professional, courteous and respectful manner that contributes toward a positive and productive worksite. Also, can work well with others, and independently. In addition, can follow direction from foreman and field management
- Notifying the Foreman or Supervisor of any equipment deficiencies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Preventative maintenance of a variety of equipment including but not limited to; Excavators, Dozers, Rock Trucks, Heavy Haulers, Graders, and Loaders.
· Equipment inspections
· Oil and filter changes
· Previous experience in heavy duty or automotive mechanics is an asset.
- Must have a valid, clean class 1 or 3 with air
- A clean 3-year drivers abstract is required
- Must have (or be willing and able to obtain) CSTS-09, BSO or CSO, Standard First Aid level C, H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance Level 2 or Equivalent, Intermediate Wildlife
- Strength and stamina for working with heavy equipment and in cramped or awkward positions
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to workday or night shifts
- Required to work outside under all weather conditions and handle noise and vibrations
- Alcohol, Drug and fit to work testing is a pre-employment requirement
- Camp provided
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Year-round work
Potential to earn:
- Paid Onboarding
- Referral Bonuses
- Retention Programs
- Labour Market Adjustment Program for all sites, in all regions
Pay Rate: $32 – $42 per hour based on skill and experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.00-$42.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Retention bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- FORT MCMURRAY, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Class 1 or 3 licence (required)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.