The same philosophy of personal attention that distinguishes Yorkville Education Company as a leading provider of post-secondary education also makes us an exceptional place to work. We are a modern and progressive institution that prioritizes diversity, opens doors to those often overlooked, and provides pathways to successful careers.
Yorkville Education LP launched in 2004 with one program, the MACP, and a simple idea: to offer people in search of a purposeful path with the flexible, rigorous, and career-focused degrees they need to succeed. We equip our online and on-campus graduates with the professional knowledge, skills and designations they need to succeed. In the last 18 years, our school has grown and opened campuses in Ontario, British Columbia and New Brunswick, reaching an ever-increasing number of students.
The Faculty of Behavioural Science is the largest of its kind in North America, with thousands of students from all over the country. Every day is genuinely rewarding as you teach the sharpest, most engaged students in each of the five-week learning-outcome focused terms we offer. With guidance, direction, and a heard voice in the program, you will find your place as part of our outstanding instructor team.
If you are looking to transform the Canadian post-secondary education landscape and shine a light on academic excellence, please join us.
Who we need
If you are a recent Master’s graduate and you are looking for a purposeful role working directly with students, channelling your knowledge down a different path, this is the role to consider.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Field Training, we are looking for a Practicum Coordinator to work directly with graduate students. You will assist students enrolled in practicum placements as part of the field training component of our Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology (MACP) program, providing placement support and acting as a liaison.
This is a full time, remote position.
What’s in it for you
Influence, recognition, and impact. You want to contribute to the mission of a leading Master’s program in Canada, the only one to offer a practicum placement. You want to play a critical role in the success of students, engaging and providing support to them as the primary link to their clinical posts. Yorkville University is a progressive, forward-thinking, innovative education centre. Joining us now is a genuine opportunity for builders who want to make a mark on education while taking their career in a new, rewarding direction with endless possibilities.
How you will make an impact:
- Support practicum students. You will monitor student progress, providing support as needed throughout their placement, including hosting live and Zoom office hours. You will act as the point of contact, coordinating student reviews between faculty supervisors, Director of Field Training, and Associate Director of Field Training.
- Liaise with practicum sites. You will work closely with and provide support to faculty and site supervisors.
- Support the department. You will maintain related documents and identify gaps in the process, assisting in the development of new forms and efficiencies. You will participate in the design and presentation of speeches to further share information about the program and successfully engage potential practicum partners.
- The education. You have a Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Sciences, or a related field. You are a valuable team player who can work autonomously and can effectively manage large volumes of confidential paperwork
- The interpersonal skills. You can build trusting and influential relationships; and you possess strong competencies in conflict resolution and crisis management. You are attuned to serving the needs of a diverse population of graduate students and can navigate barriers with cultural sensitivity. You know how to professionally engage in high-level communications with professionals at practicum sites across Canada and university staff and faculty.
- The technical skills. You are proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe, and data management. You can quickly learn other software programs used in online learning.
What does the best of all worlds mean at Yorkville Education?
- An atmosphere that successfully blends an entrepreneurial culture with education. We value innovation and continuously look towards expanding our programming, working with the latest research, tools and solutions. As a private school with government approval of our offerings, we have the opportunity to do more, stay current and be future-forward focused.
- The chance to accelerate your career and disrupt education by responding to the needs you see and purposefully challenging the status quo. Everything we do here is about delighting and engaging our employees – and ultimately our students- from mentorship to teaching, from creative outlets to analytical ones.
- A place where all individuals feel welcomed in the academic and workplace environments and can bring their authentic selves to the educational and work spheres. We celebrate the full range of human diversity, and we acknowledge that equal access to opportunities and services may require the removal of barriers that equity-seeking communities experience in trying to obtain this access.
We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences. If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, express your interest here.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of life at Yorkville Education Company, and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community and other equity-seeking groups.
Yorkville University is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability, please notify Human Resources at 1-866- 467-0661 ext. 1236
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.