Hydrogen Research Institute
Our mission is to advance science and technology for the establishment of a sustainable energy system using Hydrogen particularly in the field of production, storage, safety, and utilisation. The Institute for Hydrogen Research (IHR) is a multidisciplinary team of over 50 people having at its disposal state of the art equipment and laboratories.
Laboratories at the IHR specializes in design, synthesis, characterization and testing of novel materials, materials and energy system modelling, to system engineering and system integration for renewable energy, transport and stationary applications.
The IRH is directed by Professor Bruno G. Pollet who is one of the world leaders in Hydrogen Energy.
Green Hydrogen Lab (GH2Lab) at IHR
We are looking for a highly motivated Postdoctoral Research Fellow (PDF) in the field of Materials Sciences with a major research interest in bipolar plate (BPP). The PDF should have a degree in Chemistry, Materials Sciences, or closely related fields, with an outstanding profile to work on the project focuses on development and testing (ex-situ and in-situ) of BPPs for the next generation of low-temperature water electrolysers and fuel cells.
Ideally, the candidate should have the following experience:
- CFD modelling and simulations
- Flow field design and optimisation
- Analytical, physical, and chemical (inc. electrochemical) characterisation
- Fuel cell or/and electrolyser testing under standard (US DoE/EU)/industrial protocols
This position is fully funded by industry.
- Writing papers, patents and presenting the results at conferences.
- Writing progress reports.
- Excellent written and oral English.
- Project management skills desirable but not essential.
- Health and Safety Certificate desirable but not essential.
- French language skills desirable but not essential.
- Good timekeeping.
- Observing and meeting deadlines.
- Eye for details.
- Reading and responding to communications from the project team and other members of the University.
- Taking responsibility for their own career development.
- The successful candidate should be enthusiastic, highly motivated, disciplined, and willing to work both independently and with other researchers.
- The applicant should be a problem solver and results driven.
- The applicant should have good project management skills as well as an excellent command of English, both written and verbal as she/he will be expected to write research articles and deliver her/his findings at inter(national) conferences.
- Willing to travel internationally.
- Exciting and stimulating opportunities in a strong international academic environment.
- An open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues.
This Postdoctoral Research position is funded by an industrial partner. The position includes a stipend of $50,000/year.
DEADLINE: February 16, 2023
- PhD in Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Materials, Chemical Engineering, or a similar discipline.
For those interested, please check the following publications:
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.