As a member of Imperial’s Research team, you will work alongside engineers, chemists and reclamation specialists supporting Imperial assets. Your main responsibilities include:
- Plan, conduct and manage research and monitoring projects that support Imperial’s environmental sustainability objectives with focus on mine water management and mine closure priorities
- Evaluate and interpret complex water quality and other environmental datasets
- Provide technical expertise to the upstream water and land remediation and reclamation area
- Present research outcomes to key stakeholders
- Participate in industry technical consortia (e.g., COSIA)
- A Ph.D. in an Environmental Science-related field is required (e.g., environmental engineering, environmental chemistry, environmental biology)
- Experience working in relevant area with ability to design experiments to test hypothesis, conduct independent research, and document findings
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and apply cross-disciplinary approaches to solving problems
- Excellent project management and communication skills (written and oral), including an ability to communicate environmental data and methodologies to non-scientists
- Ability to work well independently and in a collegial team environment
Start date: Q1, 2023
Location: Calgary, AB
- A company committed to career growth – we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs – enables you to spend time with senior managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program – includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided, if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment – encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- Competitive vacation and earned days off (EDO) package – provides you with three weeks of vacation as applicable (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date). In addition, under our EDO program, employees take off one scheduled Friday per month and up to two floating EDO days (depending on work location and start date during the year) annually for use at your discretion with approval.
- If you are talented, driven, experienced, and want to make meaningful contributions that truly impact consumer experience and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation and working with communities and our Indigenous neighbours to meet rising energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
Imperial is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with qualified applicants to provide reasonable accommodation upon request at [email protected]
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit. Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Application deadline: December 14, 2022
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.