☐ Temporary ☒ Full-Time ☐ Part-Time
☐ Non-Exempt ☒ Exempt
The selected candidate will be responsible for programming automation and controls systems involving PLCs (programmable logic controllers) and various types of robots. This includes Fanuc, ABB, and Kuka Robots. The selected candidate must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with Allen Bradley PLCs. They must be able to create and read logic and electrical diagrams for troubleshooting automation systems, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up. Candidates will conduct functionality tests of equipment, as well as installation and repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- PLC/HMI Programming, including onsite support
- Program robots such as Fanuc, ABB for applications- Mig weld, Spot weld, Material Handling
- Provide remote/telephone support for customers out of town.
- Design and develop new programs for Robotic automation cells on Allen Bradley PLCs using Rslogix 5000, Studio logix etc.
- Design and develop HMI programs for the Automation cells using Allen Bradley’s Factory talk Studio.
- Setting up industrial communication such as Devicenet, Ethernet.
- Design and develop electrical prints using solidworks electrical software.
- Maintaining and modifying existing systems
- Work collaboratively with design engineers, operations engineers, and other internal staff
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving machines and equipment
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with the health and safety regulations
- Specifying equipment for procurement
- Participate in machinery installation, repair, and maintenance
- Support other departments in the resolution of quality and productivity issues.
- Good attitude and interpersonal communication skills in written, verbal, and electronic formats.
- Advanced PLC programming (reading and writing) skills required.
- Advanced mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and welding skills and tools to perform tasks.
- Advanced skills in robotic programming and maintenance, must be truly versatile in robotic knowledge and ability, along with technically sound in all aspects of robotic function.
- Advanced process understanding ability, must be comfortable not only reading schematics, prints, and CAD, but also be comfortable explaining to other department team members how to use said process docs.
Education / Licenses / Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent, associate technical degree preferred
- Two to seven years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Fanuc robotic programming and/or weld training (GMAW and RSW)- With Seam Tracking/Touch Sensing/IO/Tool Changing/Mastering/TCP/Tool Frames
- Fanuc robotic mechanical and electrical maintenance training
- RSW, GMAW, and or dissimilar metal joining training/experience
- Project Management and or Leadership Training
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Ability to comply with ESA and OHSA Standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
Some travel may be required
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Signature (Employee): Name (print): Title: _____________________________________________________ Date: _____________________
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations, ESA and OHSA Standards as applicable.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
We comply to all COVID-19 precautions set out by the government / health care as they apply to our company.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Tilbury, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have a visa to travel to customer sites?
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-01-20
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.