Paton Engineers and Constructors
About The Company:
Paton Engineers & Constructors is a highly regarded Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) company with over 38 years of experience supporting our clients in process industries. Operating in Canada and the United States, Paton offers our employees an inclusive environment to perform and develop innovative solutions within the process industry.
Paton is seeking a Piping Designer with 5-10 years of relevant experience to 3D model plant equipment and piping in accordance with company and client specifications. Locate plant equipment to ensure good design practice for operation and maintenance. Generate piping fabrication drawings, material take-offs and piping layout drawings.
- Generate piping designs based on project requirements (pipe routing, models, piping arrangements, isometrics, material take-offs, pipe support details, etc.) in accordance with established design practices, standards, procedures, and company client specifications to meet scheduled timelines.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Smartplant 3D, Plant 3D, Navisworks, AutoCAD 2D etc.
- Generate plan and elevation drawings from 3D models.
- Generate piping isometric and spool drawings from models along with data files.
- Provide as built updates as necessary.
- Understand and utilize P&ID’s and piping specifications to produce drawings in accordance with client standards.
- Check and provide markups to P&ID’s, structural, vessel, mechanical and vendor supplied drawings and data sheets.
- Provide modeling support for electrical and other disciplines.
- Assist with estimates for project proposals.
- Assist with other design/drafting disciplines.
- Travel to project sites for field measurements.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in plant design and/or fabrication environment.
- Must have working experience with AutoCad, AutoPlant, Plant 3D, or CadWorx, in a 3D modeling environment.
- Proficient knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry best practices.
- Proven ability to produce high quality work while facing competing priorities and strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritize activities and stay focused in a dynamic ever-changing environment.
- Knowledge of oil and gas processing equipment, controls, and piping codes.
- Good experience working with P&ID drawings and piping codes.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite (emphasis on Word & Excel) and other software systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you have the drive, determination, and interest in being part of an exciting and innovative company, please respond to this posting and provide us with a compelling reason to contact you.
Paton is committed to providing accessible employment practices that follow Provincial Standards. Applicants requiring accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process are encouraged to advise accordingly.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$60.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sarnia, ON N7T 8G3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-04-28
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.