Irving Shipbuilding Inc.
This position will require relocation to beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia and relocation assistance will be provided.
- Education Required: Trade Certificate specific to pipefitting trade
- You must be eligible to work in Canada to apply for this job
- A pre-employment physical is required
- A background check will be performed by the Employer
- Physical effort and work conditions:
- Work at heights from ladders, scaffolding, and platforms
- Work in confined spaces and inclement weather
- Support extended hours and overtime as business needs dictate
- Work may be performed indoors and outdoors
- Frequently handle, lift, carry, and set up parts and equipment that weigh up to fifty (50lbs) pounds
- Occasionally lift and carry items that weigh over fifty (50lbs) pounds
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Read and interpret marine or industrial blueprints, pipe detail arrangement drawings, and work from standard and metric specifications
- Layout, fabricate, fit up a pipe assembly including fittings, flanges, and valves utilizing various tools and equipment
- Work with various pipe materials such as carbon steel, copper-nickel, and stainless steel along with the appropriate valves and fitting
What We Offer:
Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to:
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP matching program
- Health & Wellness reimbursements
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development
- Relocation assistance
- Growth and progression opportunities within Irving Shipbuilding and the larger network of the JD Irving group of companies.
After signing up, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to connect.
Please be prepared to join the virtual interview from a quiet place using a desktop or mobile device with a working speaker, microphone, and camera. Check to see if your network connection can support an online session. A plugged-in ethernet cable or a strong WiFi network signal will help avoid time delays during your conversation.
What to prepare
- Please bring a current resume and a positive mindset.
Preferred dress code
Casual (come as you are, but please be presentable)
About Irving Shipbuilding Inc.
Through a competitive bidding process, Irving Shipbuilding was selected by the Canadian government to build Canada’s next generation of navy ships. We consider it an honour and a privilege to build this new fleet, and we’re looking for people who feel the same way.
That’s why we’re actively recruiting the best shipbuilding talent and training new people to achieve our high standards of excellence.
This is a generational opportunity – a chance for our people to have an entire career serving this noble purpose. At Irving Shipbuilding, we’re making history – why not make it with us?
What is a virtual interview?
Virtual interviews help employers connect with job seekers when they’re not in the same physical location. Since hiring is a human process, employers would like to talk with you online (chat, video, or phone) to see if you meet the requirements for the job.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.