PharmAchieve Clinical Instructor – PART TIME (EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS)
COMPANY BACKGROUND: The Achieve Group of Companies (PharmAchieve, NurseAchieve, MD Achieve) is one of Canada’s largest teaching companies — training between 7,000 and 8,000 pharmacists and about 45,000 nurses each year. We train pharmacists and nurses for their licensing exams and also provide continuing education courses that expand a pharmacist’s scope of practice.
Our company features interdisciplinary teams of pharmacists, nurses, computer scientists, psychometricians, graphic designers that come together to work on teaching projects.
PharmAchieve has been featured on the Globe & Mail’s Top Growing companies list in both 2020, 2021, 2022.
LOCATION: 30 Lesmill Drive, North York, Ontario, M3B 2T5
DATES/TIMES: This is a part-time position for a licenced pharamcist; however there is a possibility of full-time employment. All lectures take place either weekday evenings (e.g. 6:30PM to 8:30PM) or Sundays (9 AM to 1:30PM). You will also need to prepare for your lectures — which can be done at any time.
Motivated by a passion for teaching regarding clinical topics for pharmacists studying for the PEBC Evaluating Exam.
Teaching is done from our video studios at our head office which in turn is broadcasted live. Our unique platform enables you to interact with students during the broadcast.
Criteria and attributes of a clinical instructor:
- Passion for teaching
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Time management skills, including being able to review lecture materials in advance
- Capable of answering questions on the spot
- Licensed Pharamcist
- Successfully passed EE (if they were required to write it) and MCQ exams
- Taken Pharmachieve’s EE and/or MCQ course (preferred)
Must live in the GTA (lectures take place from our main office located in North York)
What would the role entail?
- Delivering live lectures from our studios, and
- Reviewing notes using the most recent guidelines and evidence-based information available.You will receive the most recent lecture slides to review and edit as needed.
To apply, please submit your the following no later than December 9th, 2022:
- A cover letter that includes why you are interested in this role and how you see yourself contributing to our courses
- A resume
- A brief recording of a video presentation related to Diabetes, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, or Cardiology-related topics. This should be approximately 4-7 minutes in length.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $90,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Every employee works in their own private room in an environment where all employees are triple vaccinated. We provide masks and PPE.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you a licensed Pharmacist?
- teaching: 1 year (preferred)
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.