Pharmaceutical Review Officer
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Ottawa / Toronto, ON (Hybrid)
Closing Date: January 20, 2023
Salary range: $72,895 – $83,783 per year
CADTH is Canada’s drug and health technology agency. We’re a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Ottawa, with a satellite office in Toronto. We’re funded by Canada’s federal, provincial, and territorial governments to provide independent information and advice to the country’s publicly funded health care systems. Health administrators and policy experts rely on CADTH to inform their decisions about the funding and appropriate use of the drugs, devices, and services used to prevent, diagnose, and treat medical conditions.
Most of CADTH employees participate in a hybrid workspace arrangement that allows for flexibility and enhanced work-life balance. CADTH believes in the positive impact of in-person collaboration and the importance of team building. With that, CADTH gives preference to qualified candidates who live near our offices and can participate in a hybrid arrangement. We welcome individuals outside of these regions to apply as fully remote arrangements may be considered in certain circumstances.
The Pharmaceutical Review Officer (PRO) works within multidisciplinary CADTH research teams to prepare (write) reports that address specific research and/or policy questions regarding pharmaceutical products. The PRO is responsible for creating high-quality products that meet the needs of CADTH customers to facilitate decisions regarding policies related to pharmaceutical products.
On any given day, the Pharmaceutical Review Officer will:
- Work within multidisciplinary review teams to prepare reports that address pharmaceutical-related research and/or policy questions regarding pharmaceutical products.
- Conduct comprehensive literature reviews, critical appraisals, evidence syntheses, and other relevant research activities, including indirect comparisons, meta-analyses, and systematic reviews.
- Support other reviewers in the production of reports or other products as required.
- Act as an expert resource to others in all matters related to the critical appraisal of clinical studies, authoring of scientific reports, and relevant related topics or particular areas of expertise.
- Provide project status updates as required to the Senior PRO and/or Pharmaceutical Review Manager to ensure appropriate conduct of projects, achievement of work priorities, job expectations, and compliance with systems, policies and procedures.
- Support current program priorities and supports initiatives aligned with corporate objectives to CADTH to enhance transparency, support evidence-based decision-making, and continuous quality improvement.
Is this the right role for you?
The Pharmaceutical Review Officer will likely have:
- A graduate degree in a health-related discipline (biostatistics, epidemiology, pharmacy, health economics, medicine) plus research experience and the ability to conduct critical appraisals, systematic reviews, meta-analyses and/or health technology assessments.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and experience in research methods, systematic reviews, pharmaceutical appraisals, development and application of health technology assessments, evidence-based medicine and study design. Understanding of the Canadian health care system, relevant legislation/regulation and decision-making processes as it relates to CADTH reviews.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated strength in scientific or technical report writing. Ability to speak effectively before expert groups and/or diverse audiences.
- Experience at working collaboratively, prioritizing, and balancing multiple competing tasks effectively.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable, and team-oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
What Will Set You Apart?
- Fluency in French
What’s in it for you?
At CADTH, you will find:
- A team-focused, supportive, and inclusive work environment
- A comprehensive Total Rewards package including health, dental and wellness benefits, defined benefit pension plan with Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), and a variety of leave options
- Opportunities to work with and learn from highly specialized professionals
- Personal growth through professional development opportunities, corporate training, and support for continuing education
- A friendly culture that supports community engagement
- The opportunity to make a difference for Canadians and effect positive change.
To apply for this position, visit the Careers section of our website at www.cadth.ca/careers. Your resumé must clearly identify how your skills and experience relate to the requirements of this role. Applications for this opportunity may be used for future staffing vacancies. We thank all candidates for your interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please continue to visit our website for new opportunities.
CADTH embraces and promotes the principles of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples and other persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. We also provide accommodation during all phases of the recruitment process. If you require any accommodation or have any questions, please contact [email protected] We will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to undergo a confidential pre-employment background check which may include criminal and credit verifications as a condition of employment.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. CADTH regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas at this time.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.