Greenergy Fuels Canada
Petroleum Maintenance Technician Job Brief
We have a job vacancy of Petroleum Maintenance Technician in our company, Greenergy Fuels Canada. This vacancy is based in Toronto ON. Please go through the job detail mentioned below.
Position Title: Petroleum Maintenance Technician Job
Company: Greenergy Fuels Canada
Work Type: Full Time
City of work: Toronto ON
Last Date to Apply:
URL Expiry: 2023-04-09
Posted on: jobsincanada.one
PETROLEUM MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN – TERMINAL OPERATIONS (CANADA)
REPORTING TO THE DIRECTOR, MAINTENANCE AND ENGINEERING PROJECTS
GREENERGY CONCORD TERMINAL
About the company:
Across Canada, Greenergy operates a national gas and convenience retail network of over 230 locations, with a vast portfolio of brands as well as a strategic fuel supply network. Greenergy is the exclusive Mobil branded wholesaler and offers the leading PC Optimum loyalty program at these locations. It also wholly owns and operates Mr. Gas and Waypoint Convenience sites, as well as offers with independent retailers. Greenergy also operates strategically located fuel infrastructure to supply wholesale and retail customers throughout Ontario.
Internationally, Greenergy is a leading supplier of waste-based renewables and transportation fuels. Marketing also in the UK, Ireland and Brazil as well as through a joint venture in Bahrain, we leverage our strategic infrastructure and supply chain expertise to supply fuels in the most efficient way to our commercial, wholesale and retail customers.
About the role:
This position, under general supervision, will maintain all terminal/site equipment, perform reparation and daily support of all processes. Leads in-depth troubleshooting initiatives with terminal operators and the maintenance team. Through participation in improvement and maintenance projects, liaise with Engineering, Projects, Operations, and other support groups. Ensure all duties are performed in compliance with Greenergy safety requirements, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Industry good practices. The Petroleum Maintenance Technician provides the first response to engineering fault conditions, both reactive and planned maintenance activities, as well as being involved in continuous improvement projects.
· Provide service, repair, maintenance, installation and troubleshooting of liquid handling equipment and systems.
· Prepare work orders and other necessary paperwork and documentation according to Company requirements.
· Hands-on experience with Petroleum Handling Equipment (flow meters, pumps, valves, etc.).
· Accountable for maintaining parts inventories through the company maintenance software.
· Ensure proper maintenance is conducted for Company tools and equipment.
· Strong aptitude for electronic, mechanical and computer systems.
· Meet Company and Legislative health and safety standards (i.e., personal protective equipment, equipment/material handling etc.).
· Comply with all Company Policies and Procedures.
· Ability to work independently and efficiently to accomplish the tasks.
You be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks, and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description, and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
This role will require flexibility due to us being a 24/7 operation and a shift pattern be put in place that will require working days, nights, and weekends.
Everyone at Greenergy is encouraged to challenge the status quo of an established industry, and carve out new, efficient ways of working.
We thrive on innovation and change, and no one day is the same. Our greatest resources is our people, and our success is the result of continued dedications and commitment of our people.
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
· A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field, 3-year engineering technology diploma (Mechanical), or technical trade school, or advanced training in maintenance is required.
· TSSA Petroleum Mechanic PM1 Certification.
· This role is predominantly mechanical in nature and requires an in-depth knowledge of mechanical concepts along with hands on experience maintaining pump, and instrumentation.
· Ability to read and understand mechanical/electrical drawings (PFDs, P&IDs, Detail Engineering Drawings).
· Experience carrying out electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical maintenance to include predictive and preventive planned maintenance.
· Experience troubleshooting and documenting equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and handling repairs.
· Innovation and ability to use initiative.
· Flexibility regarding work activities and type of work requirements.
· The ability to work in a multi-discipline, multi-tasking team environment.
· Expertise in the use of mechanical and electrical measuring instruments.
· Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem-solving ability.
· Ability to generate, publish and communicate relevant reports to management.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others.
· Excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize.
· This role involves working at height and in confined spaces using a variety of access equipment.
· Working knowledge of the English language.
· Ability to travel 90-100% Monday – Friday.
· Travel expenses paid by employer.
· Valid driver’s licence (graduated license not accepted).
Greenergy is an inclusive employer and committed to a work environment that is free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and all under-represented groups. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, candidates must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Mechanical: 5 years (required)
- TSSA Petroleum Mechanic PM1 Certification (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Willingness to travel:
- 100% (required)
Work Location: On the road
Something not right?
Report this job to us. https://jobsincanada.one/report-job/
strong class=”helpus”>To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.