University Health Network
Private Help Employee
College Well being Community
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (PSW)
Job Posting #: 928039
Union: CUPE – TW
Website: Toronto Western Hospital
Division: Mixed Surgical Unit
Studies to: Medical Supervisor
Hours: Variable Hours
Wage vary: $29.22 – $30.06 per hour (begin price in accordance with collective settlement necessities)
Standing: Non permanent Half-Time (1 yr contract)
Shifts: Days/Evenings/Nights/Weekends – Variable Hours
Posted Date: 01/18/2024
Closing Date: 01/25/2024 by 3:00pm
The College Well being Community, the place “above all else the wants of sufferers come first”, encompasses Toronto Basic Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Most cancers Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Training. The breadth of analysis, the complexity of the instances handled, and the magnitude of its instructional enterprise has made UHN a nationwide and worldwide useful resource for affected person care, analysis and schooling. With a protracted custom of floor breaking firsts and a goal of “Remodeling lives and communities by means of excellence in care, discovery and studying”, the College Well being Community (UHN), Canada’s largest analysis educating hospital, brings collectively over 16,000 staff, greater than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ college students, and plenty of volunteers. UHN is a caring, artistic place the place superb persons are superb the world.
The Private Help Employee (PSW) is a member of the inter-professional care workforce and is anticipated to keep up a collaborative and energetic working relationship with workforce members within the provision of affected person care. Moreover, the PSW can be anticipated to: * Help sufferers with actions of each day dwelling: This contains feeding, lifts and transfers, bathing, skincare, oral hygiene, and toileting.
- Carry out duties delegated by an RN or RPN in compliance with the RHPA for which applicable schooling and coaching has been accomplished. RNs and RPNs can be chargeable for the oversight of the PSW when performing the delegated duties. Delegated duties can embody actions that contain insertion of a digit or instrument right into a physique cavity, or any care or process below the dermis, for instance.
- Talk and display primary info in accordance with a affected person’s pre-established Plan of Care.
- Guarantee a secure atmosphere for sufferers and employees by reporting and documenting unsafe circumstances resembling damaged gear in addition to any affected person behavioral, bodily, or cognitive modifications. Security issues have to be reported to an RN, RPN or different regulated well being supplier, in compliance with affected person security obligations and corresponding hospital plans, insurance policies and procedures to be able to guarantee a secure atmosphere for sufferers.
- Full and keep associated affected person information and progress notes, as per hospital coverage.
- Profitable completion of a PSW program from an accredited neighborhood faculty.
- Present Fundamental Cardiac Life Help (BCLS) Certificates.
- Behavioral administration coaching (resembling PIECES, U-First, CPI) is taken into account an asset.
- Capacity to deal with each day gentle to reasonable bodily exertion (i.e. fixed standing, strolling, climbing, reaching and frequent motion) on an occasional to frequent foundation.
- Acute care and/or earlier rehab expertise thought of an asset.
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job until you may have an exemption on a medical grounds pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code
Why be part of UHN?
Along with working alongside among the most gifted and provoking healthcare professionals on this planet, UHN gives a variety of advantages, applications and perks. It’s the comprehensiveness of those choices that makes it a differentiating issue, permitting you to search out worth the place it issues most to you, now and all through your profession at UHN.
- Aggressive provide packages
- Authorities group and a member of the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP
) * Shut entry to Transit and UHN shuttle service
- A versatile work atmosphere
- Alternatives for improvement and promotions inside a big group
- Further perks (a number of company reductions together with: journey, eating places, parking, telephone plans, auto insurance coverage reductions, on-site gyms, and so on.)
Present UHN staff should have efficiently accomplished their probationary interval, have a superb worker report together with passable attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance administration program, to be eligible for consideration.
Vaccines (COVID and others) are a requirement of the job until you may have an exemption on a medical floor pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive office. We’re dedicated to championing accessibility, variety and equal alternative. Requests for lodging could be made at any stage of the recruitment course of. Candidates must make their necessities recognized prematurely. Any info acquired associated to an lodging can be addressed confidentially.
College Well being Community thanks all candidates, nonetheless, solely these chosen for an interview can be contacted.
$29.22 – 30.06 per hour
Sat, 20 Jan 2024 08:51:40 GMT
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your e mail/cowl letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.
To apply for this job please visit jobviewtrack.com.