Addison Truck & Trailer Repair
Expressway Trucks is one of Canada’s premiere Volvo & Hino Truck Dealers, and is Southwestern Ontario’s leading truck sales and service provider. Our newest location, Addison Truck & Trailer Repair Inc., is currently seeking a full-time Parts and Service Supervisor.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
At Expressway Trucks, we are proud to offer competitive wages, an excellent group benefits program, an education and training program, incentive programs and advancement opportunities. It is also extremely important to us to create a positive work environment, and we do this by holding multiple staff appreciation events throughout the year, such as food truck lunches and gift card raffles. We take pride in the tight-knit team we have created here at Expressway Trucks, and look forward to bringing more members on board!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and manage the Service department’s operations and scheduling.
- Oversee and manage the Parts department, including inventory control, purchasing, pricing, merchandising and advertising.
- Manage quality assurance – setting quality standards, maintaining quality of all shop activities.
- Ensure completion of shop maintenance and repair work.
- Forecast goals and objectives for the Parts department and strive to meet them.
- Grow the parts business by maintaining high customer relations, developing potential parts business, and creating parts promotions.
- Address customer complaints and inquiries immediately in a courteous, professional manner.
- Conduct regular performance appraisals for all Service department staff.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Responsible for appropriate staff levels to meet requirements of the shop.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, terminations and performance management.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Monitor financial performance to ensure the departments are meeting or exceeding budgetary commitments.
- Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the shop.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Previous work experience in a supervisor and/or management position required, preferably in a dealership setting.
- Previous work in a Parts and Service department required.
- Strong knowledge of heavy truck parts.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Karmak is an asset.
- Effective leadership skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven mechanical abilities, and strong working knowledge of truck mechanics and repair techniques.
- Ability to self-manage and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management, organization and customer service skills.
We are open to individuals with previous transferable skills, such as: Parts Supervisor, Service Supervisor, Parts Manager, Service Manager, Heavy Truck Mechanic.
Expressway Trucks is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from all people. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.