Part-Time Professor, Business – Production and Operations Management
(Job Number: 97-23)
Department: Business and Management, Automotive Business
Posting Date: March 15, 2023
Effective Date: April 2023
Located in Barrie and reporting to the Dean, Business and Management, Automotive Business, the incumbent develops and delivers courses in the Business program. Courses may be scheduled and delivered during the day or evening and are planned to be delivered in person at the Barrie campus or online. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and Delivers the Production and Operations Management course in the Business program
- Develops and delivers appropriate curriculum to meet course objectives
- Incorporates a variety of teaching / learning strategies to meet student needs
- Engages the students through active learning techniques and experience in the field
- Evaluates student progress / achievement
- Participates in program and college activities as required
- Creates and maintains a positive learning environment
- A Bachelor degree in Business or related discipline
- A Masters in Business or related discipline is preferred
- Working knowledge of production and operations in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years production and/or operations experience
- Experience managing change and leading innovation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to life-long learning
- Computer literacy: MS Office along with a high comfort level with learning new software such as student learning management systems and various teaching delivery applications
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to foster the same in students
- Experience in some or all of the following is an asset: curriculum development, a variety of delivery strategies, learning methodologies, academic advising, and student success strategies
- Teaching and Training certification and / or experience in a teaching or training capacity is an asset
Acceptable proof of education (degrees, credentials) from recognized post-secondary institutions or confirmation of international equivalencies will be required as part of the selection process.
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. We invite applications from all qualified candidates and actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to persons of Indigenous ancestry, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, women and members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. If you are contacted to participate in the interview, please advise the coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.GeorgianCollege.ca and apply by navigating to About Us and then to Career Opportunities.
This position will be open until filled. While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.