We are looking for experienced Math & Science tutors, who are dedicated to making education more equitable, to join our growing team! We are seeking tutors who are comfortable with chat-based tutoring in English, as well as in French.
Our tutors are subject matter experts who use The Paper Method: a customized methodology to engage with students and help them develop their skills and confidence by providing individualized guidance and step-by-step support through our live, chat-based tutoring platform.
You’ll have the chance to hone your tutoring skills, all while making a meaningful difference in students’ lives by helping them improve their academic, professional, and personal skills. We have tutors online around the clock covering many different subjects, and as a Paper Tutor, you will receive students in any of the topics that you are proficient in (which you will identify in your application). When working in the Paper classroom, you may be tutoring several students at once. They could be working on different topics and may be working at different grade and ability levels!
- Chat-based Live Tutoring: Manage tutoring sessions with multiple students (simultaneously) in your area of expertise.
- Voice Notes Tutoring: Communicate with students through asynchronous audio messages (think “Walkie-Talkie”) – a great option for younger students with emerging literacy and keyboard fluency, as well as other K-12 students with assistive technology needs.
- Respectfully encourage critical thinking in students who have diverse beliefs, opinions, and experiences while being aware of your own biases.
- Conduct pedagogical assessments, and provide feedback to teachers and students.
- Create an engaging learning environment, and enhance student confidence and interest in learning.
- Contribute to the tutor team by offering your knowledge and support to peers.
- Run multiple simultaneous individual tutoring sessions covering a variety of grade, ability levels, and subjects.
- Comfortable with uploading a headshot of yourself that will be visible on your tutoring profile.
- Bilingual (English + French)
- Tutoring experience 1+ year
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Undergraduate Degree (or in the process of completion) in relevant field
- Passionate about learning and teaching
- Ability to adapt to diverse, individual needs and learning styles
- Consistently available to work at least 10 hours per week
- Reliable access to laptop/computer (not a tablet), and internet.
- Ability to sit and type at a computer for long periods of time.
- Successful completion of background check and fingerprinting.
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck
- Work from the comfort of your home!
- Flexible schedule based on your availability!
- Opportunity for career development and advancement into management with a fast-growing company
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable
- Student demand fluctuates throughout the school year, peaking in the fall and dropping off during winter holidays and summer.
- Part-time tutors may receive up to 30 hours of tutoring shifts per week
- Our tutors work within blocks and you can select 1 per day to create your availability within
- Block 1: 4am – 5pm EST
- Block 2: 8am – 10pm EST
- Block 3: 5pm – 6am EST
The starting pay for Canadian tutors is $19.35 CAD per hour.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $19.35 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
- French (required)
Work Location: Remote
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.