University of Saskatchewan
Major Goal: The Parking Enforcement Officer enforces the College of Saskatchewan parking rules as a uniformed member of Parking Companies, masking the campus and associates (McEown Park, Innovation Place and the Williams constructing). Educates prospects on parking guidelines and rules and assists them with inquiries. Gives clerical help throughout the Parking Companies workplace. Performs position as first level of contact for patrons to the workplace. Undertakes particular/particular person assignments in a fashion that acknowledges main accountability for associated outcomes. Gives technical and caretaking companies. Upkeep for varied parking gear and customer support for varied parking areas. Could help with coaching, scheduling, coordinating and supervising night and weekend informal enforcement employees
Nature of Work:
- Points parking tickets.
- Gives customer support in particular person, by cellphone and electronic mail. Companies embody responding to inquiries, complaints, dealing with ticket funds, dispatching enforcement officers, and so forth.
- Identifies automobiles with excellent violations. Immobilizes or requests tow vehicles and supervises the towing.
- Responds to dispatch calls to analyze and/or deal with complaints, blocked roadways, parking in non-designated areas, all bylaw infractions and so forth.
- Stories suspicious exercise to Protecting Companies.
- Testifies in courtroom. May go briefly with the Courtroom Prosecutor in preparation for testimony.
- Backs up technicians with customer support points with digital pay gear as required.
- Assesses whether or not digital gear could be readily repaired and proceeds accordingly or refers to technical employees. Determines whether or not to shut lane(s), open of the gates, or take different steps to help prospects throughout repairs.
- Directs site visitors movement earlier than, throughout and after massive occasions as required.
- Performs fundamental parkade and car parking zone upkeep (operates avenue sweeper, paints partitions, washes flooring, cleans stairwells, paints parking stall strains, spreads gravel, removes snow, particles, rubbish and so forth.).
- Counts and balances a big quantity of coin/money from 800 meters, 14 paybyplate machines and 13 exit stations throughout the College and Innovation Place. Cash are mechanically sorted and rolled; payments are counted by hand.
- Could help with the orientation of latest employees.
Typical Duties or Accountabilities:
- Understands and applies the Parking Companies core worth of efficient buyer response, together with dealing calmly and tactfully with indignant and/or abusive prospects.
- Accepts accountability for private wellness and ensures personal on-going skill to deal efficiently with annoying and aggravating conditions.
- Could act as a primary level of contact for folks on campus and displays its group values.
- Understands the U of S parking rules sufficiently to implement them.
- Gives correct and constant info when speaking with prospects.
- Stays educated about bylaws and correct documentation of infractions.
- Workout routines integrity always.
- Works cooperatively with different employees to make sure seamless customer support (this contains however just isn’t restricted to masking sick and trip time).
- Treats all confidential info and supplies in a confidential method.
- Communicates problems with significance or concern to the speedy supervisor in a well timed method.
- Collaborates with others as required to finish assignments and help workforce efforts. Works to resolve conflicts and keep concord amongst co-workers.
- Successfully manages assigned tasks as directed.
- Units priorities for personal work and meets deadlines.
- Complies with all related laws, rules, insurance policies and procedures. Workout routines judgment within the utility thereof.
- Participates as an lively and supportive member of the Parking Companies group.
Training: The incumbent requires a Grade 12 diploma.
Licenses: As a situation of employment, the profitable applicant should present a present legal document examine. Should have a sound driver’s license with a suitable driving document.
Expertise: An understanding of technological gear, caretaking and/or building and/or mechanical expertise could be belongings.
Expertise: Incumbents have frequent interactions with supervisors, friends, employees, college students and guests, and often demonstrates robust communication and customer support expertise with emphasis on resolving buyer considerations. The incumbent walks throughout the campus and associates and likewise works in an workplace surroundings. Drives routinely, sometimes on campus. Some lifting of supplies and gear. Directs site visitors throughout massive occasions, stands on the highway whereas issuing tickets. May go shifts. May go weekends sometimes. Is uncovered to all kinds of climate.
Division: Parking Companies
Standing: Recurring Reduction
Employment Group: CUPE 1975
Shift: Typical Shifts are Weekdays 5 – 10 PM and Weekends 9:30 AM to six PM and 6 to 10 PM
Full Time Equal (FTE): N/A
Wage: The wage vary, primarily based on 1.0 FTE, is $16.35 – 19.61 per hour. The beginning wage will likely be commensurate with schooling and expertise.
Wage Household (if relevant): Facility Companies
Wage Section/Band: Section 1
Posted Date: 11/15/2023
Closing Date: 12/12/2023 at 6:00 pm CST
Variety of Openings: 1
Work Location: On Campus
The profitable applicant will likely be required to offer the next present verification(s) the place ‘Sure’ is indicated under. Additional info is accessible at: https://careers.usask.ca/tips-for-applying.php
Legal Report Verify: Sure
Driver’s License and Summary Verify: Sure
Training/Credential Verification: Not Relevant
Weak Sector Verify: Not Relevant
The College is dedicated to employment fairness, variety, and inclusion, and are proud to help profession alternatives for Indigenous peoples to mirror the group we serve. We’re devoted to recruiting people who will enrich our work and studying environments. All certified candidates are inspired to use; nonetheless, in accordance with Canadian immigration necessities, Canadian residents and everlasting residents will likely be given precedence. We’re dedicated to offering lodging to these with a incapacity or medical necessity. In case you require an lodging to take part within the recruitment course of, please notify us and we’ll work collectively on the lodging request. We proceed to develop our partnerships with Indigenous communities throughout the province, nationally, and internationally and worth the distinctive perspective that Indigenous staff present to strengthen these relationships. Verification of Indigenous Membership/Citizenship on the College of Saskatchewan is led and decided by the deybwewin jobsincanada.one taapwaywin jobsincanada.one tapwewin: Indigenous Reality coverage and Standing Committee in accordance with the processes developed to enact the coverage. Profitable candidates that assert Indigenous membership/citizenship will likely be requested to finish the verification strategy of Indigenous membership/citizenship with documentation. The College of Saskatchewan’s major campus is located on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respects to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with each other. Collectively, we’re uplifting Indigenization to a spot of prominence on the College of Saskatchewan.
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl//motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.