University of Saskatchewan
Major Objective: The Parking Enforcement Officer enforces the College of Saskatchewan parking laws as a uniformed member of Parking Providers, masking the campus and associates (McEown Park, Innovation Place and the Williams constructing). Educates prospects on parking guidelines and laws and assists them with inquiries. Offers clerical help inside the Parking Providers workplace. Performs position as first level of contact for patrons to the workplace. Undertakes particular/particular person assignments in a way that acknowledges major accountability for associated outcomes. Offers technical and caretaking companies. Upkeep for numerous parking tools and customer support for numerous parking areas. Could help with coaching, scheduling, coordinating and supervising night and weekend informal enforcement workers
Nature of Work:
- Points parking tickets.
- Offers customer support in individual, by cellphone and electronic mail. Providers embody responding to inquiries, complaints, dealing with ticket funds, dispatching enforcement officers, and many others.
- Identifies automobiles with excellent violations. Immobilizes or requests tow vans and supervises the towing.
- Responds to dispatch calls to research and/or tackle complaints, blocked roadways, parking in non-designated areas, all bylaw infractions and many others.
- Reviews suspicious exercise to Protecting Providers.
- Testifies in court docket. May match briefly with the Courtroom Prosecutor in preparation for testimony.
- Backs up technicians with customer support points with digital pay tools as required.
- Assesses whether or not digital tools could be readily repaired and proceeds accordingly or refers to technical workers. Determines whether or not to shut lane(s), open of the gates, or take different steps to help prospects throughout repairs.
- Directs site visitors circulate earlier than, throughout and after massive occasions as required.
- Performs fundamental parkade and parking zone upkeep (operates road sweeper, paints partitions, washes flooring, cleans stairwells, paints parking stall strains, spreads gravel, removes snow, particles, rubbish and many others.).
- Counts and balances a big quantity of coin/money from 800 meters, 14 paybyplate machines and 13 exit stations throughout the College and Innovation Place. Cash are mechanically sorted and rolled; payments are counted by hand.
- Could help with the orientation of recent workers.
Typical Duties or Accountabilities:
- Understands and applies the Parking Providers core worth of efficient buyer response, together with dealing calmly and tactfully with offended and/or abusive prospects.
- Accepts accountability for private wellness and ensures personal on-going means to deal efficiently with anxious and aggravating conditions.
- Could act as a primary level of contact for individuals on campus and displays its neighborhood values.
- Understands the U of S parking laws sufficiently to implement them.
- Offers correct and constant info when speaking with prospects.
- Stays educated about bylaws and correct documentation of infractions.
- Workout routines integrity always.
- Works cooperatively with different workers to make sure seamless customer support (this contains however will not be restricted to masking sick and trip time).
- Treats all confidential info and supplies in a confidential method.
- Communicates problems with significance or concern to the rapid supervisor in a well timed method.
- Collaborates with others as required to finish assignments and help crew efforts. Works to resolve conflicts and keep concord amongst co-workers.
- Successfully manages assigned tasks as directed.
- Units priorities for personal work and meets deadlines.
- Complies with all related laws, laws, insurance policies and procedures. Workout routines judgment within the software thereof.
- Participates as an lively and supportive member of the Parking Providers group.
Training: The incumbent requires a Grade 12 diploma.
Licenses: As a situation of employment, the profitable applicant should present a present prison document verify. Will need to have a sound driver’s license with a suitable driving document.
Expertise: An understanding of technological tools, caretaking and/or building and/or mechanical expertise could be belongings.
Abilities: Incumbents have frequent interactions with supervisors, friends, workers, college students and guests, and frequently demonstrates sturdy communication and customer support abilities with emphasis on resolving buyer considerations. The incumbent walks throughout the campus and associates and likewise works in an workplace atmosphere. Drives routinely, sometimes on campus. Some lifting of supplies and tools. Directs site visitors throughout massive occasions, stands on the street whereas issuing tickets. May match shifts. May match weekends sometimes. Is uncovered to all types of climate.
Division: Parking Providers
Standing: Recurring Reduction
Employment Group: CUPE 1975
Shift: Typical Shifts are Weekdays 5 – 10 PM and Weekends 9:30 AM to six PM and 6 to 10 PM
Full Time Equal (FTE): N/A
Wage: The wage vary, primarily based on 1.0 FTE, is $16.35 – 19.61 per hour. The beginning wage can be commensurate with schooling and expertise.
Wage Household (if relevant): Facility Providers
Wage Part/Band: Part 1
Posted Date: 11/15/2023
Closing Date: 12/12/2023 at 6:00 pm CST
Variety of Openings: 1
Work Location: On Campus
The profitable applicant can be required to supply the next present verification(s) the place ‘Sure’ is indicated under. Additional info is offered at: https://careers.usask.ca/tips-for-applying.php
Legal File Test: Sure
Driver’s License and Summary Test: Sure
Training/Credential Verification: Not Relevant
Susceptible Sector Test: Not Relevant
The College is dedicated to employment fairness, variety, and inclusion, and are proud to help profession alternatives for Indigenous peoples to replicate the neighborhood we serve. We’re devoted to recruiting people who will enrich our work and studying environments. All certified candidates are inspired to use; nevertheless, in accordance with Canadian immigration necessities, Canadian residents and everlasting residents can be given precedence. We’re dedicated to offering lodging to these with a incapacity or medical necessity. In case you require an lodging to take part within the recruitment course of, please notify us and we are going to work collectively on the lodging request. We proceed to develop our partnerships with Indigenous communities throughout the province, nationally, and internationally and worth the distinctive perspective that Indigenous workers present to strengthen these relationships. Verification of Indigenous Membership/Citizenship on the College of Saskatchewan is led and decided by the deybwewin jobsincanada.one taapwaywin jobsincanada.one tapwewin: Indigenous Reality coverage and Standing Committee in accordance with the processes developed to enact the coverage. Profitable candidates that assert Indigenous membership/citizenship can be requested to finish the verification means of Indigenous membership/citizenship with documentation. The College of Saskatchewan’s predominant campus is located on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respects to the First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our relationship with each other. Collectively, we’re uplifting Indigenization to a spot of prominence on the College of Saskatchewan.
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (jobsincanada.one) you noticed this job posting.