Tanta Pharmaceuticals Inc.
A great opportunity has become available at Tanta Pharmaceuticals Inc.in Whitby Ontario, to join our team as Packaging Supervisor.
Tanta Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a leading provider of OTC pharmaceutical and healthcare products in Canada. At Tanta we believe that each employee contributes directly to the growth and success of the company and we want our employees to take pride in being a member of our team. Through our commitment to service and our proven business model, we at Tanta pride ourselves in providing affordable alternatives to brand name pharmaceuticals and healthcare products supplying major chain drugstores across Canada.
Packaging Supervisor is a hands on position, responsible for leading and coaching the Packaging floor production team in order to safely produce quality product in accordance to established criteria. The Supervisor oversees the correct and timely inspection, labeling, and packaging of all products packaged at the facility and is responsible for the daily supervision of employees on packaging line.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and actively leads operation of the Packaging department, including filling and packaging of pharmaceutical products. Escalates issues and provides viable solutions in a timely manner.
- Ensures packaging operation meets or exceeds regulatory requirements (i.e. cGMP, Health & Safety, Environmental), including documentation, processes, equipment and housekeeping.
- Assesses and maintains proper staffing levels and is responsible for training and development of the team.
- Ensures that all regulated operations in area of responsibility are adequately described by written procedures and that all operations are conducted according to approved procedures.
- Conducts, supports and participates in audits (internal / external / customer / regulatory).
- Reviews and approves master production records, non-conformances, validation documentation and SOPs that directly impact Packaging department, as well as all corresponding change controls.
- Supports prompt resolution of production issues, with focus on identification of root cause and corresponding CAPA’s to prevent re-occurrence.
- Cultivates a Continuous Quality Improvement mindset on the packaging floor to be always audit-ready, make every packaging employee a quality conscious employee.
- Supervise a team of employees involving a high level of engagement with team members. Deliver meetings as per pre-defined agenda.
- Ensure the implementation of quality procedures, reinforce regulatory compliance with respect to cGMP and ensure compliance with respect to company’s SOP’s (Standard Operation Procedures). Ensure that training and qualifications are current for all employees in the Shift/Department.
- Fine tunes and troubleshoots all packaging equipment, as needed.
- Perform other duties as required
- Requires a science degree with supervisory or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with a thorough knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and pharmaceutical regulations; at least 3 years of experience in a leadership/managerial capacity
- Good understanding of packaging operations.
- Previous experience in building cohesive and engaged teams, leads by example and champions team development and performance.
- Ability to understand production priorities, labor utilization and operating costs.
. Demonstrated strength in achieving targets, managing deadlines and implementing change. Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage through difficult situations.
- Excellent math, verbal and written communication skills, including computer skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve problems, both technical and people related. Good judgement and decision-making abilities
. Physical Work Demands and Working Conditions
- Plant and office conditions, including work with computers.
Plant presence requires use of protective equipment, such as safety glasses, lab coat and appropriate footwear, to reduce personal exposure and injury.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Whitby, ON L1N 6A6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- pharmaceutical Packaging: 4 years (required)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 2023-05-15
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.