Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for multiple 12-month contract-to-hire Packaging Operator I positions, located in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. This position resides on the night shift (Sunday – Thursday 10:30PM – 6:45AM).
The Johnson & Johnson Guelph site is a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. In Canada, Johnson & Johnson Inc. markets innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound care, oral health and women’s health as well as a broad range of well-known and trusted over-the-counter products.
At Johnson & Johnson, our purpose is to “Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living” by providing Canadians with some of the most world’s most widely used and trusted brands including: JOHNSON’S® Baby, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® LISTERINE®, BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages, TYLENOL®, REACTINE® , BENYLIN® , NICORETTE®, NICODERM® and many more. Based in Markham, Ontario, Johnson & Johnson Inc. employs approximately 400 people and is supported by the Guelph, Ontario manufacturing sites.
Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals. Should you accept this position, it is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, you would be an employee of a new entity within New Consumer Health and your employment would be governed by New Consumer Health’s employment processes, programs, policies, and benefit plans. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to you by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time and subject to any necessary consultation processes.
Are you interested in making a difference in a thriving diverse company culture, that celebrates the uniqueness of our employees and is committed to inclusion Apply today!
Packaging Operators contribute to the Johnson & Johnson team while operating solid and liquid dosage packaging equipment. This function also includes line set up and assembly, operating material handling equipment, cleaning and sanitation of all related equipment and work areas, and the accurate documentation of these activities. Packaging Operators are committed to continuous quality improvement involving the identification and implementation of process improvements. The individual will be required to monitor equipment functions, troubleshoot minor equipment issues.
- Competitive Wages
- Additional shift premium rates of: 8% on Night Shift
- Overtime pay
- Benefits starting day 1
- Bonus of $1,500
- Sets up, operates, and cleans production equipment used to produce finished products
- Performs basic troubleshooting on equipment
- Perform appropriate levels of cleanliness and housekeeping standards as outlined, consistent with the requirements for Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Reads the production schedule and collects input from operators to understand goods movements, material requirements and key tasks for the shifts.
- Stage materials, and equipment
- Handles cleaning requirements for common areas, including packaging storage rooms and clean up rooms.
- Monitor and record all necessary packaging and cleaning/sanitation documentation.
- Accurate and timely recording and tagging of case counts, line events, downtime, and product changes in the Plant Cockpit system.
- Has a sound understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Good Documentation Practices (GDPs).
- Able to troubleshoot SAP discrepancies and make adjustments accordingly.
- Maintains an updated and current training record and adheres to training timelines.
- Functions in compliance with all GMP’s, safety requirements and applicable standard operating procedures.
- Participates, with leadership, in team and department meetings.
- Daily shift communications and communications with Supervisor, Manager.
- Performs other related or assigned duties as required in all assigned areas.
- Completion of employee orientation.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years of Packaging Operator experience in a regulated environment
- Ability to lift, pull and push up to 50 lbs and maneuver equipment
- Computer literacy to complete computer based training, operational transactions and use of production software
- Experience working in a Pharmaceutical/OTC and/or GMP environment
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team environment with limited supervision
- Available to work night shift (10:30pm-6:45am).
- Ability to read, write, and understand Basic English and read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math skills required.
- Operating skills of manufacturing equipment, tools, and hand/forks trucks
- Willing and able to meet the physical demands of this job which include: standing for extended periods of time, walking, climbing, bending, reaching with hands and arms, and hand/finger dexterity to handle tools
- Knowledge of SAP systems preferred
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.