Contract Pharmaceuticals Limited is a contract manufacturer and packager of prescription and over the counter pharmaceutical products. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive and innovative outsourcing services that exceed the uncompromising demands of the global pharmaceutical industry.
To package products into their various formats safely, efficiently and in compliance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) requirements.
· Performs assigned tasks/activities to package products into various formats to meet GMP, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) requirements and Government Standards in regards to safety and quality of the products.
· Performs on line inspections of packaging material and product exercising “Right First Time” documentation practices, to ensure quality standards are being met. Takes action to inform Line Leader/Packaging Supervisor when problems or quality issues arise.
· Operates equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Performs visual checks of equipment, machine guarding and materials before, during and after packaging runs to alert Line Leader/Packaging Supervisor of issues, bottlenecks and equipment problems.
· Supports team goals on assigned packaging lines to meet daily schedules, optimize change over times and ensure on time delivery to customers. Assigned tasks related to the change over to include sweeping and moping the floors, wiping down/cleaning exterior and non-critical portions of equipment/lines, assist the cleaners and mechanics as required with general organization and set up of change over parts, cleaning supplies, and components.
· Works in compliance with established GMP and safe work practices and procedures, using required clothing, personal protection and safety equipment as required. Reports any accidents, incidents and injuries or illness immediately and notifies Packaging Supervisor / CPL of any hazards, unsafe acts or conditions in the workplace.
· Contributes to achieving Lean and Continuous Improvement goals. Assists in the development and implementation of CI initiatives to improve quality and efficiencies in packaging department.
· Transfer materials and finished goods between various work areas.
· Other duties and tasks as assigned.
· Post-secondary education and 2-3 years of team centered high volume pharmaceutical packaging or regulated industry experience
· Good understanding of safe work practices, Good Manufacturing Practices and SOP’s.
· Demonstrated technical skills and knowledge to identify and suggest improvements to packaging processes and equipment.
· Strong mechanical aptitude with an ability to rectify minor equipment breakdowns, is highly desirable.
· Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office.
· Demonstrated good written and verbal English communication skills required, with the ability to read and comprehend SOPs and other written documentation.
· Flexible with the ability to adapt, respond quickly and manage change in a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated competencies in CPL’s core values of Fairness, Trust, Respect and Integrity.
PHYSICAL WORK DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
· Able to lift and move moderately heavy or awkward objects and skids.
· Long periods standing in one place, processing product on moving belts.
· Repetitive hip and upper body twisting movements.
· Frequent lifting and lowering product cases between floor and chest levels.
· Exposure to noise levels that require hearing protection.
CPL is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. CPL is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us.
We thank all applicants for their expression of interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.