University of Toronto
How do I qualify?
You have demonstrated knowledge of:
• Archival principles and practices and the mandate, legislation and objectives of the Archives of Ontario to develop effective program recommendations.
• Ontario’s heritage, educational and archival communities within the province to develop and sustain partnerships.
• Social media tools, techniques, and analytics to use in social media and outreach product development.
• Project planning and management skills to develop and implement strategies and plans; coordinate outreach programs, activities, communications products, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams o deliver programs and initiatives.
• Oral and written communications to develop and write communications products including speeches, articles, strategies, plans, briefing notes, and presentation materials.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• Build and sustain partnerships with clients and stakeholders to identify business needs and determine ways to fulfil them.
• Communicate the mandate of the Archives of Ontario and convey archival practices to all levels of government staff, clients, and stakeholders.
• Effectively communicate the relevance of the Archives of Ontario’s programs and holdings to potential partner organizations.
• Work with outside organizations to create and implement projects and programs that are of mutual benefit.
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
• Research, investigate and recommend solutions on issues and relationships with stakeholder organizations, partners, and clients.
• Analyze and identify outreach needs, develop strategies, programs, activities, and resource requirements to meet those needs/issues.
• Analyze trends within the heritage, educational and government communities to make recommendations on new directions for outreach programs.
• Interpret legislation applicable to archival records (e.g., the Archives and Recordkeeping Act, the Freedom of Information, Protection of Privacy Act) as well as legal and financial guidelines, policies, practices and precedents.
Project Management and Leadership:
• You have project planning and supervising skills to develop and implement strategies and plans.
• You can coordinate and facilitate large projects, special events and initiatives with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional project teams (e.g., outreach programs and activities, communications products) to deliver programs and projects.
Flexible work arrangements including flexible hours, telework (working remotely) and compressed work week. may be considered.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.