Monday- Thursday 6pm-4:30am
What You Will Do
The Operations Supervisor is primarily responsible for supervising a high performing team responsible for handling product safely, efficiently and effectively as it moves through the facility. This includes maintaining a safe working environment and building a culture of safety among associates. This role monitors production volume and assigns or reassigns operations associates to tasks involving receiving and put-away, picking (order-fill), shipping product (including appliances), or other supporting tasks. The individual in this role must respond quickly to changing workflow conditions and contribute positively to the facility’s key performance indicators. The Operations Supervisor resolves issues, addresses safety concerns, and is responsible for communicating business objectives and daily workload plans to the team. This role also engages with associates to assist them through associate relations related issues experienced with the organization and/or with other associates.
What We’re Looking For
• Required to work a set schedule that meets the needs of the facility.
• May be asked to work mornings, afternoons, nights, and/or weekends based on the needs of the facility.
• Must work in a distribution/warehouse environment with the physical and environmental aspects typically associated with such environment.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
What You Need To Succeed
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Industrial Engineering, Business, or related field OR 4 years of experience in distribution center/warehouse operations or related area
• Basic math and reading comprehension skills
• Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Proven record of complying with safety requirements
• Experience building a culture of safety among subordinates and peers
• Leadership experience with direct report responsibility
• Experience mentoring and coaching others
• Experience monitoring the work of others to ensure quality
• Experience working with and communicating to leadership all levels of the organization
• Previous leadership roles in other Lowe’s supply chain facilities, or leadership roles in Corporate-led initiatives
• Experience with software applications such as Microsoft Office and/or a Warehouse Management System
• Bi-lingual skills, if applicable to the facility
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. For information regarding our benefit programs and eligibility, please visit https://talent.lowes.com/us/en/benefits . Starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. For information regarding our benefit programs and eligibility, please visit https://talent.lowes.com/us/en/benefits .
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this posting.