Applied Pharmaceutical Innovation
With a network of over 100 pharmaceutical scientists, clinicians, regulatory, patent, and market experts, and an inhouse team of 60, Applied Pharmaceutical Innovation (API) helps bring life-saving research to the real world. API is a not-for-profit institution with an expert interdisciplinary team that works with a network of collaborating organizations to provide the expertise, services, and infrastructure of a pharmaceutical company. API helps innovators launch their ideas into the real world, connect industry to the services they need for commercial success, and accelerate all aspects of the drug development process. API provides industry partners access to translational science in a framework that supports commercial success, as well as provides the services and resources by delivering expertise in drug development.
Reporting to the CEO or Senior Management, the Operations & HR Officer will support the operations of API ensuring the effective operation of the business. This will entail working to ensure the design and implementation of organizational policies and procedures, legal agreements and contracting, staff recruitment, onboarding, and administration. The role is a key hire that will help API implement systems and processes while maintaining and championing the organization’s nimble, driven, and kind culture as it grows from a small to a medium-sized organization.
Responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Supporting the development and implementation of human resources systems
- Lead recruitment activities and support development of job descriptions, postings, support hiring managers, and ensure cross-unit continuity
- Create and implement onboarding process
- Support and advise on performance management / grievance issues
- Maintain employee records
- Support the development of and lead implementation for organizational policies and procedures
- Serve as the coordinator for legal services and facilitate contract execution and risk management / legal compliance
- Manage an admin staff member in executing the above responsibilities
- Other operational duties that arise as we grow the team
- Undergraduate degree; preference given for additional graduate level or professional degrees in human resources or law
- 5 years’ experience working in an HR, operations, or process-oriented roles
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Familiarity with Alberta labour guidelines or comfort with contract law
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with a dedication to quality and reliability
- Ability to be productive with minimal supervision and minimal administrative support
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Power Point, Adobe Illustrator, figures, and graphic design. Project and Visio a plus)
Contract Duration: Full time continuing
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Candidates must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or a valid exemption.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you familiar with Alberta labour guidelines?
- Can you provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or a valid exemption?
- Have you included a cover letter with your submission?
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Human resources: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Edmonton, AB
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.