Canadian Blast Freezers
About the Company:
Canadian Blast Freezers/Canada First Brands is a growing meat processing and cold storage company. We are committed to providing industry leading product quality, customer service and new product development in meeting the needs of our customers.
We believe that our success depends on the quality and leadership abilities of our Team Members. Our goal is to have a talented, competent workforce and provide opportunities for skills development and career advancement.
Ensure the efficient, safe operation and maintenance of a class R19 ammonia refrigeration plant in compliance with TSSA regulations and the Operating Engineers act. This position will require flexibility in work schedule and the ability to work on-call hours.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the refrigeration system for safe, reliable and efficient operations
- Develops, sets and monitors system controls to math freezer and blast cell loads
- Monitors blast freezer cycles, ensuring temperatures and cycle times are optimized and that produce meets CFIA regulations
- Meets HACCP standards, records temperatures, cycle time of each blast cell on a daily basis. Reports any temperature variations from standard to the Plant Manager
- Monitors utility consumption and pro-actively looks for opportunities to improve energy efficiency.
- Maintains a clean appearance of all piping, floors and equipment
- Does a daily inspection of equipment and physical facilities. Checks for ammonia leaks on a daily basis. Reports equipment deficiencies and damage, co-ordinates with outside supplies for parts/repairs.
- Develops a maintenance schedule and ensures it’s followed. Keeps an equipment log. Ensures all equipment repairs or upgrades are in compliance with TSSA standards.
- Installation/maintenance of water/drainage piping; compressed air piping; ammonia piping systems
- Monitors and records flow rates, pressure and temperature with specific cold chain parameters
- Troubleshoot electrical problems
- Perform regular maintenance on Refrigeration Equipment and other areas of the facility
Leadership / Skills Required:
- Must have 1 to 3 years’ experience in a related field
- Must have the ability to be on-call Sunday to Saturday
- Industrial ammonia experience considered an asset
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills needed to optimize refrigeration operation
- Sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple demands, takes charge/accountability
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills
Exceptional Benefits Include:
· Competitive wages // annual increases // lots of room for wage growth // extended health + medical // group life and accidental death insurance // long term disability coverage // vision coverage // dental coverage // paramedical expense coverage // career growth and continued training + development.
Canadian Blast Freezers is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 1-613-394-4122 ext. 228
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.