SSENSE (pronounced [es-uhns]) is a global technology platform operating at the intersection of culture, community, and commerce. Headquartered in Montreal, it features a mix of established and emerging luxury brands across womenswear, menswear, kidswear, and Everything Else™.
SSENSE has garnered critical acclaim as both an e-commerce engine and a producer of cultural content, generating an average of 100 million monthly page views. Approximately 80% of its audience is between the ages of 18 to 40. It is privately held and has achieved high double digit annual growth and profitability since its inception.
Reporting to the Associate Manager, Personal Shopping, the Online Personal Stylist is responsible for serving a portfolio of premium online customers. He/She will develop lasting relationships with users, providing a high-touch personal styling and shopping experience. The ideal candidate will consult with customers in real time, mostly through instant messaging platforms and email, leveraging his/her understanding of current trends along with the customer’s style and lifestyle.
Clienteling & Selling- 60%
- Build lasting personal relationships with premium customers, becoming their trusted style advisor and friend
- Take ownership of customer requests and needs to provide prompt resolutions that exceed expectations
- Provide personalized advice and recommendations through an intuitive understanding of customer style and lifestyle
- Promote new arrivals by sharing behind the scene pictures on social media or through 1-1 client conversations
- Build and maintain a list of 100+ active clients, ensuring frequent follow-ups and proactive reach-outs to maximize lifetime value and minimize churn
- Keep track of customer requests for upcoming items, occasionally arranging special orders with Buying, and notify them as soon as they are received
- Offer early access to coveted items to clients, placing or modifying orders for them
- Merge the digital and physical experience by meeting clients in-person, offering in-person styling appointments, attending events and arranging gifts for special occasions
- Ensure performance and sales targets are met
Operations – 30%
- Proactively follow up on customer purchases, upgrading shipping or rushing orders when needed, and support customers with returns and exchanges
- Collaborate with our Distribution Center to place products on hold or handle special orders
- Support the Customer Care team by handling product-related requests and premium client enquiries, through email and chat
- Review purchase orders for upcoming seasons and monitor shipment status
- Apply special discounts on orders for Private Sales or VIP clients
- Places orders on clients’ behalf and ensure smooth shopping experience
Market Insights – 10%
- Cultivate an extensive knowledge of trends, brands and product catalogs, acting as a reference for both clients and the Customer Care team
- Constantly stay up to date on new arrivals, product launches and new brands
- Demonstrate an expertise of specific customer segments (geographical market or style profile), anticipating future demand and sharing insights with the rest of the Personal Shopping team
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion, or a related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in Customer Service or Sales in the Retail Industry
- Proven experience establishing relationships and serving luxury customers
- Knowledge of luxury brands, from their history to the construction of the garments
- Web and computer-savviness, knowledge of Google suite an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Korean.
- Solid interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build relationships
- Customer-oriented with exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly assess customers’ personalities and style
- Autonomous and organized with strong attention to details
- Ability to work in pairs and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while delivering an exceptionally high level of customer service
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.