Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Science Office for Undergraduate Advising (SOUSA), Faculty of Science
- Responding to email inquiries from newly admitted students in the B.Sc. and B.A.&Sc. degrees.
- Communicate McGill University academic policies and standards to new students.
- Help incoming students navigate McGill websites and Faculty/Department orientation documents.
- Communicate your experiences as an undergraduate B.Sc or B.A.&Sc. student with incoming first year students.
- Other duties as required.
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
Detail oriented, excellent communication skills, punctual. Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Teams) and knowledge of Zoom. Bilingual English/French, written and oral, an asset. Registered student in a B.Sc. or B.A. & Sc preferred. Be currently enrolled in the B.Sc. or B.A. & Sc. Have a minimum CGPA of 2.7. Understand and support the goals and philosophies of McGill University. Ability to navigate McGill University website. Knowledge of McGill University campus resources. Knowledge of McGill University academic policies and standards and be able to communicate effectively to new students. Be available to attend a half day training session towards the end of May.
Individual must be able to commit to 4 hours of work per day from May 30 to July 31 (with possibility of extension into early August).
How to Apply:
- External candidates (no current or active working appointments with McGill), utilize your personal email address and NOT your mail.mcgill.ca address or mcgill.ca) to create a profile through the external link: https://mcgill.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/mcgill_careers
- Internal candidates: (you currently have an active position at McGill), utilize your mcgill.ca email address through his/her Workday Welcome Homepage:
- Click on the Careers application, then Find Jobs, followed by searching for the position – Click on “Apply”
- Ensure you are connected to VPN before logging into Workday
Minimum Education and Experience:
High School Diploma
(AMUSE A) $16.00
Estimated Number of Work Hours per Week:
20 (Part time)
Position Start Date:
Position End Date:
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.