CasCom is looking for an experienced Technician to monitor, support, and manage various IT infrastructure’s in Yellowknife and surrounding communities in Northern Canada.
This position will include remote support, optimization, monitoring, and maintenance of all aspects of client networks.
The successful candidate is an effective team member and delivers results. They are flexible to the requirements of the IT industry and have the ability to find solutions to challenging problems. They will have strong interpersonal skills and will communicate effectively to clients and within diverse groups with various cultural backgrounds and skill levels.
Our preference is to hire a candidate interested to live in Yellowknife. However the role could be filled by a candidate that lives in a different Canadian city. This would involve working remotely to support our clients and periodic travel to Yellowknife and other Northern locations to complete in person projects.
Some specific responsibilities and duties listed below:
- Management and monitroing of site connectivity to ensure performance is within SLA
- Security Appliance management and configuration
- Optimisation of routing and networking layer
- Management and configuration of networking sysetems and routing.
- Working with servers, applications, and networks in a virtual environment.
- Monitoring, assessment and reporting of network and systems health.
- Support, and maintenance of Windows and Linux server environments.
- Monitroing and support of Wi-Fi distribution and PTMP systems.
- Monitroing and support of VoIP telephony systems.
- Supporting customer sites through management of service tickets at various stages of the troubleshooting cycle with a focus on meeting a SLA.
- Monitoring of equipment, data backups, systems health, and notifications.
- Develop and deploy technical projects for new and existing customers.
- Technical writing and documentation including workflows and network diagrams.
- Time tracking and recording in a ticketing system with the ability to manage time and organize workload effectively to ensure highest priority issues are addressed.
- Monitoring and supporting systems with on call availability on a rotating schedule.
- Travel for work on in remote locations with limited facilities.
- Providing excellent customer service and able to communicate effectively with non-technical clients.
- ***An additional/improved a networking qualificaiton description could be added here***
- More than 5 years’ expereince supporting connecivity solutions in a NOC or Helpdesk environment.
- More than 5 years’ experience in network routing, VPN systems, and VLAN configuration.
- More than 5 years’ experience in virtualization, data and system backup and recovery, enterprise email systems.
- More than 5 years implementing and supporting corporate networks in a Managed Service Environment.
- More than 5 years’ experience in Microsoft server management and support including Domain and Active Directory configuration.
- Must be comfortable working in command line interface for configuration of varous systems.
- Experience using a ticketing system to track service tickets and technical time daily.
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in an IT field or experience in a relevant technical discipline.
- Familiarity with satellite based connectiviy solutions.
- Expereince working with off grid and remote power systems.
- Experience related to IP security camera, Alarm, and Access Control systems.
- Structured cabling best practices, fiber optic cabling, hardware installations, and other IT related installation work.
- Two way radio expereince.
- A proven track record for excellent customer service is required.
- Written and verbal communications in English is very important.
- Applicant must be bondable with a current criminal records check completed and have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
Our goal is to be the best IT and Telecom service provider in Northern Canada.
We are growing and we are looking for a motivated, experienced, and skilled professional to join our team.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
We are looking for a fully vaccinated candidate to join our team.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- working with ticketing system: 5 years (preferred)
- NOC or Helpdesk: 5 years (required)
- nework systems support: 5 years (required)
- technical support: 5 years (required)
- fluent English (required)
- drivers license (Class 5) or Equivalent (preferred)
Work Location: Remote
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.