College of New Caledonia
For all Administrative postings please disregard the following statement. For CUPE postings please refer to Article 9.01 (d) of the CUPE Collective Agreement to ensure you have met the eligibility requirements to apply to CUPE competitions.
Employment Status Full Time Employment Type Regular Job Summary
- Assist with network installations, updates, testing, debugging, performance tuning, security, backups, and monitoring while following best practices and minimizing downtime.
- Commission and decommission network equipment.
- Install, terminate and test copper network cabling.
- Propose changes to firewall rules based on user requests / issues.
- Assist with the installation, configuration, and maintenance of network server hardware and software.
- Act as a point of escalation for application issues encountered by front-line IT support staff.
- Troubleshoot analog and digital phone and video conferencing issues.
- Execute test plans for new hardware and software systems to ensure functionality meets specifications.
- Leverage industry standard security practices to secure information systems and applications.
- Evaluate vendor products and provide purchase recommendations to management.
- Assist with the setup, troubleshooting, and collection of audio/visual equipment for short events and long-term installations.
- Create, maintain, and follow technical documentation.
- Create simple data visualizations to assist with communicating information to decision makers.
- You will be part of a team actively engaged in contributing to and accomplishing the vision, mission, and goals of the College and in supporting the aspirations and needs of our learners.
- You will promote a positive work atmosphere by interacting and communicating in a professional manner that demonstrates mutual respect with students and colleagues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Recognized two (2 ) year diploma in Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of one-year current experience working with network-based applications and services, network systems, communication technologies, and audio/visual equipment. Preference given to those with experience in enterprise networks, data networking, and firewall management.
- Experience in post-secondary education or the public sector is preferred
- Understanding of the operations of copper, fiber, and wireless networks
- Experience with ethernet packet analysis tools such as Wireshark
- Familiarity with troubleshooting access layer network problems
- Understanding of signal switching, device casting, and RF/IR transmission technologies
- Experience with a variety of communication technologies (Analog Telephony, VoIP Telephony, Cloud Based phone systems, Call Centre Software, Online Video Conferencing solutions, etc.)
- Ability to describe and demonstrate the layered approach to enterprise networking
- Understanding of cabling requirements and limitations
- Basic troubleshooting skills for a variety of Unified Communications challenges
- Ability to assess the relative strengths and weaknesses of different solutions
- Ability to test newly implemented solutions and provide constructive feedback
- Ability to apply risk management practices
- Ability to investigate and record operational requirements and problems
- Ability to follow pre-defined procedures to create, update and maintain assets in asset tracking systems
- Demonstrated commitment to service excellence and teamwork
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse group of individuals or departments
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Band H Grade NA Salary $59286 Location Prince George CNC Campus Prince George Province BC Country Canada Department Information Technology Services
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.