MTU Maintenance Canada
YOUR FUTURE AT MTU STARTS RIGHT HERE!
MTU Maintenance Canada is the North American member of MTU Maintenance network of companies, the largest independent provider of commercial engine maintenance services worldwide. Based in Delta, B.C., the company operates in the vicinity of the Boundary Bay Airport where it repairs and overhauls engines and accessories and performs engine tests.
MTU has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for Young People in 2019 and 2020. This special designation recognize leading companies for offering the nation’s best workplaces and programs for young people starting their careers!
10,000 people. 16 locations worldwide. One in three planes flies with our technology. And we are hard at work every day to keep growing. To get even better, even stronger. Even more sustainable. Not just for tomorrow or next week, but for generations to come. Toward that goal, we employ the world’s best people. People who put airplanes in the sky. We shape the future of aviation. Join us, and watch your career take off!
The NDT Technician performs Magnetic particle testing and Penetrant testing on engine and airframe piece parts or assemblies based on CGSB standards and accessories shop.
- Proactively provides feedback to the Lead regarding findings, quality & quantity.
- Perform their daily duties as assigned from a Lead.
- Ensure all RIS inspections pertaining to NDT are carried out and signed for.
- Ensure tasks/gate deadline(s) set by the Lead/Team Leader are met.
- Responsible to immediately re-prioritize their task list in conjunction with the Lead/Team Leader in the event of an work change.
- Proactively involved in process optimization.
- Must have the ability to provide practical training to others.
- Must be able to effectively carry out the duties of the position with a minimum of supervision.
- Good knowledge of MPI, FPI testing engine parts and components.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must possess the qualifications of an NDT Technician.
- Must have the ability to perform NDT work and possess the minimum of Level II for Magnetic Particle Testing [ MT ] and Penetrant Testing [ PT ] based on the current CGSB standards for these particular disciplines.
Resume must be in .docx or PDF format.
MTU supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Must be authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship. Official Social Insurance Number documentation must be presented at interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $41.99-$43.54 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- NDT: 1 year (required)
- CGSB NDT Level 2 Certification for Penetrant Testing [PT] (required)
- CGSB NDT Level 2 Cert. for Magnetic Particle Testing [MT] (required)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.