University of Toronto
Date Posted: 11/17/2022
Req ID: 28558
Faculty/Division: UofT Mississauga
Department: UTM: Tech. Resource Centre
Campus: University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM)
Position Number: 00035862
The university’s second largest division, U of T Mississauga has 17 academic departments and offers 156 programs in 92 areas of study. Home to approximately 15,000 students and over 1,000 faculty and staff, the campus houses the Mississauga Academy of Medicine, Centre for Medicinal Chemistry and Institute for Management and Innovation. With its distinctive interdisciplinary programs such as forensic sciences and biomedical communications, U of T Mississauga offers a broad array of continuing education programs and professional masters programs. Established in 1967, the campus features award-winning architecture, robust community partnerships and a dynamic student environment set amongst 225 acres along the Credit River in Mississauga.
I&ITS is a modern service delivery operation, processing tens of thousands of incident, change, and service requests annually, and is the primary support and a vital enabler of the teaching, learning, and research mission at UTM.
The Classroom Technology group is critical to the success of the classroom experience at UTM. In a fast-paced, dynamic environment, you would be front and centre in supporting faculty and staff with the technology used for teaching in our classrooms and event support.
The scope of support includes all classroom and event A/V equipment, multimedia devices, and associated software. Under the general direction of the Manager, Event and Classroom Experience, the incumbent will respond to and action Classroom Technology tickets, coordinate with clients, and prepare and edit knowledge base articles as required. In addition, the incumbent will liaise with the UTM community(students, staff, and faculty) on the support and services offered by I&ITS.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Setting-up and maintaining audio/visual systems
- Checking to ensure equipment is in working order
- Providing instruction on how to use equipment
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- Performing preventive maintenance on audio-visual equipment
- Keeping well-informed on current technologies, best practices and industry standards
- Advanced College Diploma (3 years) or acceptable combination of equivalent experience
- Minimum three years’ experience with audio visual and multimedia technologies, with a focus on classroom technology and event services.
- Good knowledge of industry standards for AV and classroom technology, videoconferencing, and web streaming services
- Demonstrated experience in training faculty or professional clients in the use of AV and classroom equipment
- Demonstrated experience with Crestron, Polycom, Logitech, DSPs, Digital/Media and AV cabling and infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience with video filming and editing skills
- Experience in standard operating software and application packages (Mac OS, Windows OS, and Microsoft Office). Experience with a variety of computer hardware and mobile devices (PC, MAC, iPhone, Android), particularly as it pertains to connecting to and using AV and classroom technology
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills under pressure
- Demonstrated superior ticket, email, and telephone etiquette and a strong commitment to high quality service
- Demonstrated ability to work within a ticket system to manage assigned work
- Ability to effectively handle multiple requests and assists, completing each in a timely manner. Must have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills. Able to lift/move desktop and server computer equipment as well as network equipment. Ability to lift up to 25 kg from ground to waist level is required
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, and tact. Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Experience with ITSM ticketing software ServiceNow
- CTS, CTS-D, or CTS-I certification
- Familiarity with the University environment, governance, and policies
- ITIL foundationslevel (or higher) certification
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Motivated self-learner
- Problem solver
THERE ARE TWO (2) POSTINGS AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE
Closing Date: 11/28/2022, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 08 – $56,514 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $72,271. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Information Technology (IT)
Recruiter: Valerie Davis
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.