Suite 3100, 308-4th Ave. SW
Calgary, Alberta TP 0H7
Millwright – Caroline
Pieridae Energy Limited is a majority Canadian-owned corporation headquartered in Calgary,
Alberta. An integrated midstream corporation, our focus is the exploration, extraction and
processing of natural gas. Our footprint spans over one million gross acres in the Foothills and makes
Full Time, Union Position
up some of the largest conventional reservoirs in North America.
Location: Pieridae Energy is looking to fill the facilities Maintenance Millwright position at both plant and field
locations. Reporting to the facilities Maintenance Foreman, this highly dynamic role is responsible
Caroline Gas Plant
for providing rotating maintenance support to ensure safe, efficient and compliant operations. The
Maintenance Millwright must possess a high level of knowledge and expertise regarding rotating
equipment including steam turbines, pumps, fans etc., but more importantly the individual must
have the willingness to learn and work well with our existing team members.
- Execute corrective and preventative maintenance workorders as directed through the
Pieridae maintenance program.
- Assess and document the operating condition of the rotating equipment.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting of rotating equipment to operations.
- Assess, plan, and repair rotating equipment.
- Support Maintenance Foreman in optimization of the rotating equipment predictive and
preventative maintenance programs.
- Requires broad range of knowledge of rotating and mobile equipment, technology and
- Overtime, weekends and after-hours coverage required.
- Working outdoors in adverse conditions
- Travel to remote field locations
- Provide visible leadership and support in all areas of our safety programs: lead by example.
- Comply with all Pieridae Corporate Policies.
- Ensure Pieridae’s safety standards are followed.
- Report all incidents to supervisor and participate in investigations.
- Understand and comply to the Management of Change process for any Rotating Equipment
change activities as required
- Participate in monthly and support daily department safety/information meetings.
- Provide guidance, coaching, mentoring and training in rotating equipment with respect to
machinery problem resolution, machinery best practices and repair strategies.
- Continually develop and improve technical competencies and capabilities.
- Maintain collaborative and effective employee relations.
- Support a strong and respectful relation with the community, regulatory, Non-Government
Organizations (NGOs) and Indigenous community, and ensure timely response to community
- Optimize rotating equipment to improve the site and operational availability and reduce the
maintenance cost level.
- Support delivery of asset business plan and business performance targets.
- Provide input for new capital projects and equipment installations.
- LEAN: Support opportunities to reduce waste and continuously improve.
- Collaborate between all disciplines/functions to deliver effective, efficient and safe
operations for the asset
- Lead and/or Assist on any Root Cause Analysis of Rotating Equipment failures and provide
recommendations based on analysis results.
- Partner with vendors to resolve technical problems and develop new solutions.
- Monitor contractor spend and performance.
- When required, develop the rotating equipment repair scope for outages, as well as major
and turnaround maintenance events.
Education and Work Experience:
- Waukesha/CAT Engine experience
- Millwright Ticket
- Knowledge of Provincial and International design codes, standards and technical content and
application for rotating equipment.
- Minimum of five years specializing in rotating equipment operation and maintenance,
preference to turbine and hydrocarbon pump/compression equipment.
- Knowledge of oil & gas production/ processing industry, or within a related heavy or complex
processing industry on large rotating equipment including pumps, compressors, utility
equipment, diesel/ gas engines, steam turbines, auxiliary systems, and instrumentation.
- Skill in selection and maintenance of rotating equipment sealing systems, lubrication systems
and condition monitoring systems (vibration analysis and control)
- Awareness of Emergency Response Procedures and the Incident Command System with the
ability to assume a support role as requested.
- Awareness of investigative processes, tools and reporting requirements (5 why’s, RCA, LEAN).
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than
- Must be willing to work and establish a residence in Sundre/Caroline area
- Candidate must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Pieridae is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to
consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally protected factors.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment
PLEASE EMAIL RESUMES AND COVER LETTERS TO [email protected]
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.