- After 45 days employees become full members of Unifor union
- Company Paid Health and Dental for families
- Company Paid Disability and Life Insurance
- Cost of living increase May and November yearly on top of hourly wage
- Wage increases each year
- 5 extra paid statutory holidays – full pay while home during Christmas to New Years
- Company paid pension after 1 year
- Boot allowance yearly
- Access to overtime up to double times your hourly wage
- Opportunity for advancement
ZF is a global leader in driveline and chassis technology as well as active and passive safety technology and has been around for more then 70 years. ZF has a global workforce of approximately 138,300 at 230 locations in 40 countries. The Midland plant is located on the shores of Georgian Bay cottage country making it the perfect place for a work-life balance as we encourage a family-orientated mindset.
With unlimited overtime available, defined benefit pension and medical benefits, it’s no wonder so many come here to live, work and play.
The position requires a highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual to maintain progressive stamping dies.
Take a look first hand into the Midland processing plants through copying and pasting this link into your internet browser:
- To create a quality product that will meet or exceed our customer’s expectations
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Obtained a Journeyman’s certificate through an apprenticeship program as a certified Industrial Millwright
- Maintain good housekeeping and be familiar with and follow all safe operating procedures
- Work rotating shifts and some overtime as required
- Mechanically inclined
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Grade 12 Education
- Physically fit, and able to do heavy labour
- Capable of troubleshooting /repair/maintenance of hydraulics pneumatic and all other industrial equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Able to read hydraulic and pneumatic prints
- Must have experience operating different types of equipment including lathe, milling machine, radial driller etc.
- Must be familiar with chrome, zinc, and plating equipment and chemicals
- Able to repair air diaphragm and electrical pumps
- Knowledge of all production and able to perform mechanical repairs in a reasonable amount of time
- Able to work alone with little supervision
- Hydraulic controls
- Pneumatic controls
- Basic computer skills
- It is the duty of every employee at ZF midland to be mindful of all the environmental implications of our operations and their job. It is also the responsibility of every employee to report any and all environmental concerns to management.
Pay wage does not include the hourly Cost Of Living Adjustment or 5% afternoon shift and 7% midnight shift premium.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33.64 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- millwright: 3 years (preferred)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
- Overnight Shift (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.