Six Degrees Medical Consulting
Six Degrees Medical is a collaborative, female-led, medical communications agency based in Toronto with remote workers across Canada and the UK.
Coming from 12 industries and 11 cultural backgrounds, our diverse team works with pharma and biotech companies who want to create meaningful experiences by truly connecting with their audiences through storytelling.
We are a highly adaptive and creative group, committed to challenging the status quo and reimagining innovative ways of creating value for our global clients.
Reporting to the Director, Scientific Services, as our Medical Writer you will be responsible for partnering with Healthcare clients to develop innovative, high-quality scientific and medical programs and content across a broad range of disease areas.
What your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and writing content. Using your medical knowledge to interpret medical data and build scientifically sound content (including manuscripts, training/educational materials) in an engaging way to ensurecontent tells a compelling story.
- Developing and supporting core content-related deliverables including agenda development, workshop development, planning interactivity and/or other adult learning activities
- Writing reports, newsletters, and tip sheets
- Producing well-executed clear and informative presentations
- Reviewing and proofing materials for accuracy, completeness, and scientific relevance to ensure compliance and regulatory requirements are upheld
- Partnering closely with Project Managers in establishing and reviewing projected timelines to ensure timelines are realistic and deliverables can be met
- Participating in brainstorming sessions with the Project Delivery teams and client to identify innovative and creative approaches for delivering the client’s message
- Participating in virtual and on-site meeting rehearsals with speakers that may include clients, KOLs, HCPs, PhDs, or Project Delivery team members.
- Collaborating with third-party vendors for on-site meetings and/or events to ensure successful delivery of programs
- Troubleshoot content-related issues throughout the entire project lifestyle to ensure content delivers on the client’s vision effectively. This may include facilitating last minute changes to content prior to or at onsite/online event and managing speaker logistics/tech with vendors
- Supporting the project team to build strong and trusted relationship with speakers and stakeholders
- Attending post-event onsite debriefs with the client, Project Delivery team members and other stakeholders identifying lessons learned for the purpose of process improvement at subsequent events
What you’ll need to succeed:
- A Masters or PhD in Health Sciences, Nursing, Biomedical Sciences, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, or a related field, coupled with a minimum of 2 years of writing experience in a scientific or medical setting
- Knowledge of the global Pharma industry and the associated regulatory and compliance requirements
- Preferably experience with curriculum design, training and development and creating content for virtual events or webinars
- Knowledge of or ability to research and quickly learn about the medical specialties of our client base
- Ability to analyze critically and synthesize complex scientific information
- Creative-thinking skills to visualize and tell a scientific story
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofing skills to convey messages effectively
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities to meet operational deadlines and juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with a focus on presentations, graphics, and templates
- Self-direction with integrity, positive attitude, confidence, speed and a passion for SDM’s vision, mission, and values
WHAT We offer
a few of the rewards
of working here
- A friendly, agile, and innovative culture
- A flexible remote-work lifestyle
- A matrix work environment catered towards on-going learning
- Opportunity to connect and build relationships directly with clients, KOLs, HCPs and other target audiences
- Competitive total compensation package
At Six Degrees Medical, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodations at any point in the selection or recruitment process, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.