Thompson Rivers University
Open to both Internal and external
Support Staff (CUPE)
Posting In effect from
Closing Application Date
Closing date for internal CUPE applicants
Applications will be reviewed commencing the “closing date for internal CUPE applicants” and may continue until the position is filled.
Internal CUPE applicants must submit their application by 4pm on the “closing date for internal CUPE applicants” for their Seniority to be recognized. Applications received after the “closing date for internal CUPE applicants” will be considered alongside external applicants.
Auxiliary (Under 4 Months)
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (If Applicable)
The Hours of work are subject to change depending upon departmental requirements
Provides a variety of media production services such as audio-visual operations, video production, slide and print duplication, overhead transparencies, video and audio duplication, digital graphics and photography.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Director, Learning Technology and Innovation
- Grade 12, plus relevant two-year post-secondary diploma, or equivalent
- Four years’ related experience, including familiarity with computer applications, and audio, video and multi-media productions
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with others
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to plan and organize work
- Ability to exercise considerable independent action
- Ability to operate related equipment such as video cameras, audio/video recorders, public address and sound systems
- Knowledge of computer software including word processing, spreadsheets and graphic programs
- Sitting at a computer and audio-visual equipment for a long period of time, some operation of cameras both indoor and outdoors
- General office conditions
- Ability to lift weights up to 20 kg
- Travel required
The salary for the above position is determined by the Collective Agreement with the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 4879, as it presently exists.
CUPE Grade 08 $33.10
Please Note: This position may be subject to a 90% salary for the first 560 hours of employment.
Kamloops, BC CA (Primary)
# of Hires Needed
Thompson Rivers University -> Open Learning -> Innovations
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment:
Thompson Rivers University is strongly committed to hiring based on merit with a focus on fostering diversity of thought within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
NOTE: To learn more about Thompson Rivers University or living in Kamloops or Williams Lake please visit our Careers website . External Candidates invited to interview will be required to bring a copy of their transcripts to the interview.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (jobsincanada.one) you saw this job posting.